HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can randomly find some HK original magazines and there are a few aftermarket ones. I purchased two of the S African ones, they seem to suffer from poor spring quality that develop memory- likely the culprit as to why they are not as reliable. Otherwise the followers can be swapped for original HK ones. However I do see a market for quality 30 round magazines, perhaps ones made by Magpul.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
What a Country and a couple others sell 30 rd mags as "South African" origin. Most of them are not. Most of them are 30 rd FAL mags with a thin sheet metal wrap spot welded around the top of the mag.

That said, I DO have some and they DO work... a couple worked out of the box, several needed some tweaking.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a Country and a couple others sell 30 rd mags as "South African" origin. Most of them are not. Most of them are 30 rd FAL mags with a thin sheet metal wrap spot welded around the top of the mag.

That said, I DO have some and they DO work... a couple worked out of the box, several needed some tweaking.

I have two of those S African mags myself and I left one of them loaded over night to check for over pressure signs. What I found was that once unloaded the springs barely had enough energy to carry the follower to the top. SO I figured the springs were junk. So my thought is if Magpul or someone can produce some with proper chrome silica springs then perhaps we could get a better magazine. So I e-mailed Magpul and they said that it sounds interesting. I simply stated that there is a world full of HK's that need quality 30 round magazines. Weather they decide to act on it- is up to them.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I am thinking its a 20rd mag and he is wrong. Either way I have sent Erick a email asking for more information on the mag.
something just dont look right in those pics.

never seen such a thing

·
Registered
213 Posts
No MCP magazines around anymore? All steel and seemed to work OK.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No MCP magazines around anymore? All steel and seemed to work OK.
I know where two are but for the price of them you could easily purchase near a hundred 20 round magazines. It would be nice if someone would start cranking out some quality 30 round magazines.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Last I looked Wolff Gunsprings made a 30 rd mag spring for the 7.62 NATO mags. I have a SA and it works fine and also some of the late 1980s welded jobbers and one one out of maybe 10 did not fit right

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have two of those S African mags myself and I left one of them loaded over night to check for over pressure signs. What I found was that once unloaded the springs barely had enough energy to carry the follower to the top. SO I figured the springs were junk. So my thought is if Magpul or someone can produce some with proper chrome silica springs then perhaps we could get a better magazine. So I e-mailed Magpul and they said that it sounds interesting. I simply stated that there is a world full of HK's that need quality 30 round magazines. Weather they decide to act on it- is up to them.
I was looking at these on Apex https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/42/products_id/1310

Are these the ones your talking about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts