HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a lot of threads where people claim changing out a these parts for genuine hk parts is the fix for most problems with MP5 clones. What is it really fixing for the most part? Failure to extract, eject, feed? Thanks for appeasing the curious.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
The extractor springs wear out... the extractors themselves, not so much. Either they are made right or they aren't. Sometimes people just change them out for absolutely no good reason.

My local Chevy dealer is like that... throw parts at it until something works... but then ever since I moved to Ohio, I can't get anything fixed the first time. Minimum trips required has been two. The A/C leak in my Silverado Lowrider took 12 trips... and then for the halibut, I threw in a large can of refrigerant with StopLeak and wha-la... it's held very nicely now for three years running. Mebbe it's the water...?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Shattered they know your tight with a buck. They just like to hear George scream. Because, it has been so long since he has seen daylight.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The extractor do fill up with residue, in particular on the MP5SD and at times have to be cleaned well (even with careful use of a probe).
Shattered, I am assuming that you might have actually worn out an extractor or two and possible an ejector in your shooting ... your poor 1919A4 was looking under the weather - is it back from the spa (aka Doug) yet?

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Shattered they know your tight with a buck. They just like to hear George scream. Because, it has been so long since he has seen daylight.
Well, hell yeah...

I'd rather be buying more automatic bullet loaders for the Dillon 650 than wasting jing on a vehicle... God knows I did enough of that when I was young, bulletproof and stupid.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Shattered, I am assuming that you might have actually worn out an extractor or two and possible an ejector in your shooting ... your poor 1919A4 was looking under the weather - is it back from the spa (aka Doug) yet?
I've thrown in several extractors and mebbe a half dozen 223 and 9mm ejectors into the scrap bucket... untold tens of extractor springs. That's why I hopped on that sale of extractors spring... a whole baggy of a hundred for cheep. Instead of shelling out what... $5-8 bucks for one I paid something like 60 cents apiece for the whole baggy. Yowsa!

I ain't sending the A4 down there on it's own... I'm gonna carry it down and get involved in the resurrection... besides, Linda is supposed to whip up some mean lasagna.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts