HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used most everything with pretty good results. Fiocci, WWB, Independence, American Eagle, etc. But I've found for the price, I really like Sellier and Bellot. I've not had any issues with it and it seems to be high quality. Everything I've used has been 115gr and the only thing I've ever had a problem with has been Remington UMC in the 250 count yellow box. It will FTE every time.

I bought about 4000 rounds of Norinco from pre 1994 that seems to be about the best stuff I have. It's very clean.

1. Anyone else have any clean, reliable ammo to suggest ?

2. I have a 100 round BETA-C. How hard are these on the gun ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I use Winchester 115gr. it runs pretty clean.

I would do a straight 100 rnd mag dump with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
For the price the S&B is hard to beat. Check cabelas for some deals on that. I would only use the Beta drum on occasions (like a subgun match where it buys you some extra time).

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I've been running Federal American Eagle 115gr FMJ in my MP5K. I picked up two cases for $134 each delivered. It runs great! Now I wish I had bought more.

As far as clean goes I have no idea since I'm using it with a SWR can.

Who has the best price on the S&B?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I buy it at Cabela's for $7.99 box of 50. It's almost $11 at cheaper than dirt, so I thought it was decent. Where do you get your ammo ? That's cheap !!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been using S&B ammo for almost 10 years now and love it. Great stuff for the price. Some think it is a little dirtier than other ammo but if you clean your firearm after you shoot than it is really a non-issue.

Although, I mostly shoot it in my USP45F because it is an affordable and reliable .45ACP ammo.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
For the MP5s, I use the 124 gr NATO loading myself from either Win or Fed (depending on the century ;-). The NATO loading is at times hard to get, so I typically purchase half dozen or more cases at a time (hate to run out of ammo for the weekend ;-) and then re-order before I get to the last 20mm ammo can (3K rounds).

For 115gr 9mm ammo (use in hand guns and open bolt subguns) I have been using and keep another several thousand rounds of S&B on hand (only problem with S&B is the boxes are smaller so makes it hard to pick up a 50 cal ammo can full of ammo ;-).

For 45ACP I tend to just shoot S&B now days.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Blazer Brass- around $7.50 for a box of 50 locally. I have about 10K of various 9mm rounds including Blazer Brass (about 4K), WWB (roughly 2K) American eagle (2K) and Alabama Ammo Special K (2K). I use BB roughly 80% of the time due to cost reasons.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought my class III dealer was crazy when he recommended at least 10-15 mags and 10,000 rounds. Now I know why he said that. I have 11 mags and am looking for more and I'm up to probably 6,000 rounds and trying to find more when I can.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I thought my class III dealer was crazy when he recommended at least 10-15 mags and 10,000 rounds. Now I know why he said that. I have 11 mags and am looking for more and I'm up to probably 6,000 rounds and trying to find more when I can.
See you have a good SOT, however, keep in mind that is the low end for both .... more is alway better (at least until you crack the garage floor with 8mm ammo .... which has happened, however, sorry to say with today's prices, not to me).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've used WWB, Fiocchi (various kinds), American Eagle, NATO, and Wolf.

The Wolf was by far the cheapest, but I found that shooting 500-1000 rounds during the day would make the gun very dirty, and the parts seemed to show a bit more wear (always fun when the trigger is gritty).

WWB blows brass flakes all over the place, but is cheap.

Fiocchi seems to be the 3rd cheapest option, and I tend to use it the most.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have about 3K of CCI Blazer brass and 6K of WWB on hand. For 45 I shoot WWB, CCI brass, and Remington UMC.

Every time I am at Wal Mart I try to buy a few hundred rounds of 45 and 9mm.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Gunshow reloads. I know, I know.

I've shot about 4,000 rounds of it from various companies. Sure, there are about 1% bad rounds, but they are easily detectable when loading the mags - the bad ones get part of the case crushed under the bullet. They won't even chamber if you miss one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts