HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I want to improve is the DA on my USPc V1 .40

I love the SA, but the DA is just to heavy, causing me to shoot a little low on that first shot ( about 5" low on the first shot ).

This "LEM" sounds interesting, but I am afraid that I will improve the DA, but at the same time reduce the performance of that great SA, and I would hate to alter the SA as I like it a lot.

Can anyone tell me more about any good options such as the LEM and more, and how any options will affect the safety - I'd like to always have a decocker & safety....

I am currently thinking of having the local smith at Wild West Guns just lighten up the DA, but in doing so will also lighten up the SA, so they can't do a whole lot of lightening - maybe a pound or so, and I don't know if that will get it....

I'd really like some detailed info/input and what the best solutions for this are, because that first trigger pull in DA is something I'd like to improve.

·
Registered
239 Posts
With the LEM you would lose the DA/SA functions all together. It makes it a double action only with an improved pull weight that's standard in the 7# range. It can be lowered by an armorer to the 4-5# range. I had a hard time shooting mine at first. It's a V1 compact 40, I just chambered a snap cap and while sitting in front of the TV practiced dry firing reps of about 20 each for 3 or 4 cycles. A few times of this both helped me to get control over that heavy first shot. Also when live firing at the range just decock back to DA and practice trigger control, pulling straight through, while holding your sights centered. I don't have any problem now and can put the first DA shot with the following SA shots on target.

Getting the LEM is not a bad choice, you do lose the decocker and safety functions though, but the pull is reduced by probably 5# over the DA stroke you have now in your V1 and it will always shoot the same. I don't own one, but if your look around a bit there is quite a following for those who shoot LEM.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input.
I think I'm going to just have a trigger job done, and practice using the DA/SA with an overall lighter pull. I'll probably get the SA down to 3lb

·
Registered
802 Posts
A good gunsmith who knows what he's doing like Bruce Gray or Teddy @ Action by T, can lower the DA independantly of SA pull. Your local gunsmith will mostly likely just swap out the trigger spring which will lower both DA and SA a little, but you risk the possibility of getting light strikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts