HKPRO Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
What the heck does in intend to do with a firearm?

It could be for...

duty
range use
CCW

This particular person purchased it with the intent of carrying it CCW, and it didn't work out like he had planned. In the meantime, he found something else he'd rather do, and sold it to fund a different project.

·
Registered
140 Posts
One thing does intrigue me though, just what is the dealer price on this gun? I’m about sick of the “It’s HK’s fault” for high prices routine. This seriously reminds of the $150 HK AR mags some dealers passed off on us several years ago. Then I find out dealer price is around $30. Makes me wonder about the $50 for HK45 mags price also. Seems like HK fans might be taking one up the key-steer once again.
You've got a couple things working against you for scoring a good deal on an HK product. The weak dollar is driving up the costs because of unfavorable exchange rates! European labor is expensive! The bureaucracy in Europe doesn't help either. Then you also have to put up with the USA import restrictions and costs of bureaucracy. Add supply and demand cost pressure by mall ninja's buying anything HK and you have yet another issue keeping prices high and with lots of pressure on the supply side to deliver.

The folks at HK headquarters aren't dummies. They aren't going to make a significant investment in the USA if they think they are going to get caught in another BAN of some sort. It's business plain and simple.

Why do you think the magazine capacities are what they are on the new pistols?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Why do you think the magazine capacities are what they are on the new pistols?
I agree with everything you said except this, I think US Military spec was minimum 10 rounds, no need to go over and have an inferior grip size kill you in the trials :680:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I paid well over $900 ($959 if I remember correctly) and I feel it was worth every penny.

If anyone is selling them in the $600 range they are screwing something up because there isn't much margin on handguns, so they would be LOSING money on that deal. I could see them cutting maybe $50, possibly $100 off for a really loyal customer... but $300? Can't happen.

Good for those that got the deal. Bad for the employee who mis-priced it.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts