HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
"Yeah, I know what you mean-when I was stationed in Germany every Wehrmacht veteran I ran across only served on the Eastern Front. Apparently Erwin Rommel was the only soldier who ever faced off against the Americans."

Unlike my Master Sgt telling me of being on maneuvers and the one pensioner inviting him and the Lt into the house to show off his medals "and I got this one for wiping out an American machinegun, and I got this one....." the expression on his face as he told the story was hysterical. That old soldier didnt care.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Good one. Cuz HKs use the roller-lock action..........
I think most of us are aware of that.

But what you may not know is how horribly filthy of an operation system the roller lock design is and how said filth can help contribute to premature wear/pitting and ultimately loss of reliability especially in the context of the 5.56x45 that is considerably more problematic than its larger 308 or smaller 9mm HK cousins when used in a roller-lock, blow-back operation such as the 33/93/53. There's valid reasoning that HK33's never really caught even in spite of a minimal niche opening available to the 33k and 53 at one point in time.

Thus, people who chastise the AR15 for being "dirty" and unreliable but celebrate rollerlocks (especially 5.56 variants) are ignorant AF.

Sincerely,
(A guy that actually used an HK93 for a work rifle due to an idiotic rifle policy)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thus, people who chastise the AR15 for being "dirty" and unreliable but celebrate rollerlocks (especially 5.56 variants) are ignorant AF.
That's what I was getting at. Every bit as dirty.

But "roller-lock" is a misnomer. It's "roller-delayed blowback". Like calling AR-15s direct impingement. They're not DI - as with Ljungman/MAS/Hakim. And Stoner never referred to it as DI. In-line piston is descriptive.

But DI and roller-lock are in the lexicon, probably forever. Similarly, I gave up trying to explain the difference between clips and magazines in classes.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts

But "roller-lock" is a misnomer. It's "roller-delayed blowback". Like calling AR-15s direct impingement. They're not DI - as with Ljungman/MAS/Hakim. And Stoner never referred to it as DI. In-line piston is descriptive.

But DI and roller-lock are in the lexicon, probably forever. Similarly, I gave up trying to explain the difference between clips and magazines in classes.
I equate it to the common use of “Indians” as a misnomer for native Americans/indigenous people. While incorrect, common use has over ridden literal meaning.

I don’t feel like typing roller delayed blowback or getting into the weeds of an op-rod AR vs the standard which is also a piston but incorrectly called but widely known as DI.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

“Similarly, I gave up trying to explain the difference between clips and magazines in classes.”

I used to deliberately call magazines clips and clips magazines around Jeff Cooper to see if he would ever tire of correcting me. Nope. After spending way too many years in the military I now go outa my way to call weapons, pistols, rifles, and shotguns “guns” and magazines “bullet boxes” cuz’ I get a kick outa civilians trying in vain to correct me. 🤣

·
Registered
26 Posts
From an actual current ad on a Michigan gun forum

Price or Trade Value
Open to Trades?
No Trades
Caliber(s)
9mm
Description
Wts/like new price and only one will not go lower 2,500 new in box zenith mp-5k 9mm Absolute gorgeous Mp5k. As you know or don’t know these are made on H&K machinery by H&K staff these are pulled right off of there military line same ones made for there army only there’s are fully auto comes with hard case box,mount for optical, cleaning kit, 3 30rd mags . Less than a box of 9mm thru it and put in safe
2,800 or only trade would be a fn scar 16 or 17

HaHa - my red emphasis added

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
From an actual current ad on a Michigan gun forum

Price or Trade Value
Open to Trades?
No Trades
Caliber(s)
9mm
Description
Wts/like new price and only one will not go lower 2,500 new in box zenith mp-5k 9mm Absolute gorgeous Mp5k. As you know or don’t know these are made on H&K machinery by H&K staff these are pulled right off of there military line same ones made for there army only there’s are fully auto comes with hard case box,mount for optical, cleaning kit, 3 30rd mags . Less than a box of 9mm thru it and put in safe
2,800 or only trade would be a fn scar 16 or 17

HaHa - my red emphasis added
I dun likes the whey he kan rite reel gud two!

It‘s worth every pfennig of $2500.00 cuz’ most of us schmucks own HK’s fabricated with the same staff/machinery the East German Trabant auto’s were built on😜.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!😜
Water Vertebrate Nature Mammal Body of water

21 - 39 of 39 Posts