HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently switched to my 97 Stainless USPF for on duty carry.

Wild Bill

·
Registered
177 Posts
High Power or USP 45 C/L.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glock 22 w/M3 and 155gr Fed Tac.

Rem 870 with Rem 8 pellet 00 buck.

Colt M4 14.5" with 62gr Fed Tac.

I did have an MP5/10 that went to another guy on the entry team. :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
USPf .45 (Combat Competition) Love it.
Soon to add a P2000 SK for secondary

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
The department stuffed SigSauer P229R DAK in .40 into our holsters about a year and a half ago. Meh. Up until that time, I always carried one of my HK P7M13's. I'm not happy about the change at all.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I carry my P7M13 and just bought an EXPERT in 45 so gonna carry that in a tactical rig when I do warrants etc. I work in the Det Division so the Expert is a bit big for every day carry in a shirt and tie, but the M13 is excellent!

·
Registered
600 Posts
HK P2000 LEM n/s .357SIG
HK P2000 LEM n/s 9mm
Sig P220R Carry DAK n/s .45ACP

·
Registered
429 Posts
sig pro 2340

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was a USPf 45 stainless
Now is a USPc 45 with Mepros
Just got a new USP 45 Tac Monday, so I will be switching to that also
P2000 LEM 9mm. with Trijicons and M3 for off duty
All personally owned weapons, not dept. supplied.

·
Registered
116 Posts
All personal firearms : .9mm HK USP-9 with UTL and .223/5.56mm SIG SG 552-SP, with a .9mm SIG Sauer P-226 as a B.U.G. (or for ride-alongs or hand over weapon for another Officer) in the vehicle (no ankle carry for me in tactical-gear).

My SIG 552 now has an EoTech 552 mounted, bowever the Aimpoint M2 is still ready to go in the bag.

Colleagues GLOCK 19, STF issued MP-5 (Aimpoint and mount removed), my SIG P-226, SIG 552 and HK USP-9 (my GLOCK 22 is States-side - just can't stand the grip-angle).

But if things come our way (as promised), we may be moving to a full HK range if we are fortunate (holding thumbs).

Issued firearms for the South African Police Service are the .9mm Vektor Z88 (locally manufactured copy)/Italian Beretta 92F, .223.5.56mm Vektor R5, some Uzi's still in use along with the .308/7.62mm R1 assault rifle (rare these days). We have a host of crap shotguns too.

Special Task Force, National Intervention Unit and Counter Assault Team are all issued the HK USP-9 with UTL and HK MP-5A3.

32,000 GLOCK 19/17s apparently sitting at Logistics and only a handful have been issued I believe. They procure them but are too scared to issue them to our "non-firearm" types. Hmmmmmm...

·
Registered
421 Posts
i carry my P2000 LEM in .40 s&w in a safariland holster but sometimes i carry my issued glock 22 in .40 s&w. i hope HK gets the P30 out soon and that will replace my P2000. a P30 in .40 with LEM trigger would be sweet.

·
Banned
8 Posts
What are you Carrying on Duty

All personal firearms : .9mm HK USP-9 with UTL and .223/5.56mm SIG SG 552-SP, with a .9mm SIG Sauer P-226 as a B.U.G. (or for ride-alongs or hand over weapon for another Officer) in the vehicle (no ankle carry for me in tactical-gear).

My SIG 552 now has an EoTech 552 mounted, bowever the Aimpoint M2 is still ready to go in the bag.

Colleagues GLOCK 19, STF issued MP-5 (Aimpoint and mount removed), my SIG P-226, SIG 552 and HK USP-9 (my GLOCK 22 is States-side - just can't stand the grip-angle).

But if things come our way (as promised), we may be moving to a full HK range if we are fortunate (holding thumbs).

Issued firearms for the South African Police Service are the .9mm Vektor Z88 (locally manufactured copy)/Italian Beretta 92F, .223.5.56mm Vektor R5, some Uzi's still in use along with the .308/7.62mm R1 assault rifle (rare these days). We have a host of crap shotguns too.

Special Task Force, National Intervention Unit and Counter Assault Team are all issued the HK USP-9 with UTL and HK MP-5A3.

32,000 GLOCK 19/17s apparently sitting at Logistics and only a handful have been issued I believe. They procure them but are too scared to issue them to our "non-firearm" types. Hmmmmmm...

Sounds like the proper equipment to deal with the carjackers. I mean that's some serious stuff to be part of the tools of the trade !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not lying.
A S&W 4506, because Sonny and Crockett used 'em too.
Also: Ruger Mini 14 w/55gr Federal HP's and Rem 870 w/slugs and buck.

My 25 rd combat load sucks comapred to the USP and G21 and its 37 rd load (3x12 +1 right??). I hate having a single stacker for a duty gun.
BUG is the below listed USPc 9.

We are however, chaning over to the USPf 45 LEM, but budget fundings mean the new guy won't get it for quite some time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like the proper equipment to deal with the carjackers. I mean that's some serious stuff to be part of the tools of the trade !!!!!!!!!
Yes sir it is *s*, and slowly but surely we're moving back to the right mindset to shoot these turkeys. For for too long we have had our hands tied... We followed up on a high-risk warrant 3-days ago at a house that may have had 30-armed suspects who had committed an armed robbery that morning stealing approx. $ 2.8-million (USD) worth of local currency. Turned out to be negative at that location. Last week friends of ours did a raid at a house where 14 AK47's were located, they only recovered 6 which means the others are out on the street with the crims preping for another hit somewhere. You got to love this place...

Nevertheless, the HK45/USP-45 Tactical is on the wish list, as with the MP-5, 416 and 417...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts