HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you watch "John Wick 2" there's a scene where he's blasting away and if you pause at the right moment, and read his lips, you'll witness him say "Damn, I wish I had my VP9" ;-) It happens fast. The full size VP9 fits my medium size hands better than the P2000 so it's really a personal thing for me. H&K's are just plain fun to shoot. If you can get your hands on a USP9 Match lemme know what you think...I loved it.
I think you meant P30L.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have shot all the usual striker fired suspects, looking to upgrade my G17.
FWIW, I opted for the H&K VP9 and the VP9SK. Just one man's opinion.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Personal Preference

You can ask 10 different people and get 10 different answers.
All Hk guns are bombproof and good to go.
So you really can't lose.
But splitting hairs is all about personal preference.
So only you can answer these questions for yourself.
Rent, borrow or buy and figure it out :biggrin:

For what it's worth - I own a VP9, P30 40 Light LEM, and P2000 357 Sig Light LEM.
Prefer hammer fired Light LEM to Striker.
Shoot the P30 the best of the three.
But the P2000 is easier to conceal and I really like 357 Sig.
So that's my prefered carry gun.
If I need something more discreet?
P2000SK 40 Light LEM.
Full Disclosure:
1) Have an OEM 357 Sig barrel for the P2000SK, but in my hands the gun groups 40/180 much better.
2) Have a P30SK Light LEM. But I shoot the P2000SK Light LEM 40 noticeably better.
Go Figure - LOL!

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I was being facetious. He was using a Glock predominantly in "Chapter 2" which was my point.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I have one Block and it blows.
Maybe in three gun competition it occasionally wins?
There's no way in hell i'm carrying anything but Hk when my life is on the line :cool:
I'm worth more than that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a great pistol. Very accurate and fits very well in a medium size hand. Extremely well made. Very good stock trigger, although there's a bit of "boing" when dry firing . . . although not noticeable when live firing. 5 lb trigger pull (unless you live in MA).
Like I said, trigger is very good. Maybe not quite as good as a S&W M&P with a Apex kit, but certainly close. We're talking very small personally subjective differences here. The HK USP with the LEM mod is fantastic as well.

There are so many really great pistols on the market out there. Hard to go wrong with a little research.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the VP9 and 9mm P2000 V2 LEM. The P2000 feels like a higher quality gun to me. It is solid, easier to rack the slide and feels solid. The VP9 I love but it is harder for me to get a quick firm grip on it out of the holster due to the deep cutaway under the slide. It has an amazing trigger and is by far better than any other striker fired trigger I have shot Glocks included.

The P2000 LEM trigger is great for a hammer fired gun. I actually love it. The VP9 trigger I like better but the overal feel, weight and quality of the P2000 I like better. I have shot thousands of rounds though both without a single malfunction. I

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
VP9 was my first gun and the only one I own two of (one tactical). When I went out renting to pick out my first gun, I had shot a grand total of two times previously, both years earlier. The RSO didn't believe me when I told him this, the VP9 was just that natural to shoot. Trigger is the best of anything I have ever shot. Feels fantastic in the hand, especially after you set the panels up to your liking. If it were completely up to me, I'd make it a tad bigger to increase the capacity, though this would reduce it's conceal-ability. I don't carry it much anymore now that I have a P30sk and a M&P shield, but when I did it was quite comfortable and not too hard to conceal. Recoil impulse is very smooth, it's an absolute joy to shoot. 124 grain +p are my favorites, just the right amount of snap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bought a VP9 last year and it is a sweet pistol. I had a tendency to shoot high left with it at first, but I am sure it is my own physical mechanics as I was quickly able to overcome it. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Vp9 is the right gun for anybody! Ergonomic, light weight , good looking, reliable and very accurate. Hence the name VolksPistol, it's the people's pistol.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've owned 4 VPs of various iterations. Each worked flawlessly, but each had a strange quirk not shared by any of the others--a rough trigger, machining marks on the barrel, one with a slide difficult to take off, one with a trigger bar that would slip when the slide was off, a slide stop that would move when the trigger was pulled, etc. Like I said, each worked just fine, but I can't say that they are as consistently made as other HK pistols.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bought mine about two years ago and it has held its place as my primary EDC. Hands down my favorite striker-fired pistol. I'm able to get better groupings with the VP9 than with any other polymer pistol I've owned. As far as I'm concerned the only drawback is not having a 17-round capacity for its frame size.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In a 10 round state - what are people's thoughts on VP9 vs VP9SK for home defense? I was leaning towards getting a VP9, with 10 rd mags, just to have the fuller size and "more shootable" gun, plus a WML. But then I've read that the VPSK is just as shootable, really. I already have the VP9SK for EDC.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts