HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Want to maximize the compactness of my C93 and was wondering what buttstock options are available to me to swap in?

Will a G3 telestock/collapsible buttstock fit a C93 after I remove the recoil rod?
Will an MP5 telestock fit and work for a C93?
Is there a source for Todd's HK93 telestock "blems"?
As a last resort - is there a Choate S/F that will fit the C93?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
Hello all,

Want to maximize the compactness of my C93 and was wondering what buttstock options are available to me to swap in?
Will a G3 telestock/collapsible buttstock fit a C93 after I remove the recoil rod?
Yep... with a bit of additional surgery to remove the second pin hole

Will an MP5 telestock fit and work for a C93?
Yep... I've done it.

Is there a source for Todd's HK93 telestock "blems"?
Not as far as I know, think they've all been snapped up. There was ONE for sale on the board.

As a last resort - is there a Choate S/F that will fit the C93?
Yep.. go to the Choate web-schtore.

Yer welcome :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
nfafan,
If you want a more compact shorter length of pull....then go with the mp5 a3 stock. If you want a LOP that is pretty close to the stock A2, then the choate side folder will work. The choate side folder also gives the rifle a different feel. It seams to sit on the shoulder alittle higher. And if you go with a 93 a3 stock from BMP it is right in between.
Dj

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have been using a b and t on my 53ar and its been fine. I did not know it was not recomended, in fact someone suggested it. Any ideas on keeping it from cracking?
+1, I'm confused as well.. the above pictured Choate doesnt have a buffer in it either. Do any stocks come with the buffer besides the A3 styles?? Is that the only stock we should be using then?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was told that since my 53 was made from a 33 kit it had a buffered carrier and would be ok to use the b and t or any mp5 stock. My b and t stock I think has a little round rubber buffer in it and I was told I may have problems with cycling with a "double buffer" but that has not been a problem either.

·
Registered
933 Posts
so either the carrier should have a buffer on the abck of it, or we need a buffer on the stock..

can I/we add a buffer on the back of the carrier if it doesnt have one? I dont see a buffer listed for this on hkparts, etc..

·
Registered
284 Posts
My C93 has a buffer in the carrier - which I understand is standard for most of the Century built guns (built on Malaysian kits). I've successfully used it with the MP5 style stock that came with it (no buffer), a Blackthorn 91 folding stock no buffer (but very little used, didn't like it) and a G3 stock (with G3 buffer - though I haven't used this much yet, the weather turned cold). If you have a buffered carrier you don't need (or really want) a buffered stock, but you must have a stock that will take any pounding the buffered carrier might give. Is your carrier buffered?

·
Registered
284 Posts
can I/we add a buffer on the back of the carrier if it doesnt have one? I dont see a buffer listed for this on hkparts, etc..
The buffer is inside of the carrier, it can't be added unless the carrier started life as a buffered carrier. Do a search - there are pictures on here (somewhere) comparing the differences between a buffered and non-buffered carrier.

The buffered carrier has a little "half moon" projection which is lacking on the non-buffered carrier - hard to explain but easy to see if you can find the pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
scott,
a 223 buffered carrier has a spring loaded finger type extremity protruding from the rear of the carrier. It is so stiff that you need to put it in a vise to collapse it. We had several B&T & choate's crack under the extra energy from the 223 & 40 load. They always cracked staight up & down in the dead center of the rear cap. Never had a 9mm crack at all.
Dj

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Originally Posted by nfafan
Hello all,

Yep... with a bit of additional surgery to remove the second pin hole
Yer welcome :biggrin:
Shattered Mind I understand that if you were to remove the recoil rod and cut the first hole off of the back plate of the G3 collapsable stock it should fit but I have a question.

Are the rails on the G3 collapsable stock the same length as the ones on the 93 stock or would you need to shorten them to get the stock to lock in the closed position?

Thanks in advance,
TG308

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
Are the rails on the G3 collapsable stock the same length as the ones on the 93 stock or would you need to shorten them to get the stock to lock in the closed position?

Thanks in advance,
TG308
I'll go look... be back later.

·
Registered
933 Posts
scott,
a 223 buffered carrier has a spring loaded finger type extremity protruding from the rear of the carrier. It is so stiff that you need to put it in a vise to collapse it. We had several B&T & choate's crack under the extra energy from the 223 & 40 load. They always cracked staight up & down in the dead center of the rear cap. Never had a 9mm crack at all.
Dj
Ahhh. I'm thinking more of the A3 style 9mm "rubber buffer", but this is something completely different...

Regardless, either the carrier has this buffer, or I need to make sure and use a stock that has one internal to it like pictured below:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/hk53a3stock_1442_large.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.