HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had Ghillie finish up a mp5 clone for me that i should be getting this week, and my addiction is forcing me to start planning on my next build. I already have a usc/ump and now the mp5, so i am torn between a sl8/g36 conversion or a 53 build on a special weapons receiver, what are the pros/cons of each and which would you guys build? Once i have a .223 hk clone, will/should this replace my rra ar15?

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
I have just had Ghillie finish up a mp5 clone for me that i should be getting this week, and my addiction is forcing me to start planning on my next build. I already have a usc/ump and now the mp5, so i am torn between a sl8/g36 conversion or a 53 build on a special weapons receiver, what are the pros/cons of each and which would you guys build? Once i have a .223 hk clone, will/should this replace my rra ar15?
I shoot my 53 more than my Colt AR .........
Belive it or not , the 53 is quieter suppressed , to me , than 16in barrel AR
Don't have a G36 yet , but its on the 20yr plan ...........
I vote 53 .

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I went the 53 AR route. Since you already have AR mags, that might be a good idea, to save on mag costs. There is also the 922(R) advantage if you are using US made mags. There is also the cost, I'm guessing a G36 build would be at least twice that of a 53 AR build. Good luck with the project.

Scott

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
My 53 is my favorite gun of the stable. Great overall weight balance, firepower, and reliability.

Everyone needs a 53 IMO

--HH

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
My 53 is my favorite gun of the stable. Great overall weight balance, firepower, and reliability.

Everyone needs a 53 IMO

--HH
I sold my V53 & purchased a V53K and never looked back. That short barrel is a blast on f/a. A great fireball and loud! I'd talk to Jeff about the K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts