HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting a thread in hopes a lot of us can participate in - pretty easy - What did you do to your Heckler & Koch pistol today?
* Install new sights? * Install a different trigger group such as LEM or change the Version number? *Refinish/have it refinished? *Add an RMR? *Stipple part or all of the grip? *Change the controls?

You get the idea! Just no 'I shot it today', feel those should stay in
Range Reports Forum

Today I did some searching for new sights for the new full size USP 45, still undecided on Trijicon or Meprolight...decisions decisions

GO! =)

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Carried it to work.

And back.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually, I did this a couple days ago but I'm absolutely thrilled about it...

I added a low profile mag well to my VP9. I don't think it changed anything with regards to the speed or agility of mag changes, but it made the pistol so much more comfortable to grip. It's now as comfortable in my hand as the VP9sk.

Reactions: Kost

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually, I did this a couple days ago but I'm absolutely thrilled about it...

I added a low profile mag well to my VP9. I don't think it changed anything with regards to the speed or agility of mag changes, but it made the pistol so much more comfortable to grip. It's now as comfortable in my hand as the VP9sk.
I'll expound on this.

I've owned and (mostly) shot a lot of pistols. However, I've never gripped pistols like the ones that I have from HK. I'm not a guy to say never, but it's going to take something particularly special to get me to buy something different from HK pistols. As a lefty, it's hard to imagine a better designed handgun than those I currently have. The ergonomics, combined with the ambidextrous controls are just hard to beat. If that makes me a fanboy, so be it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Admiration.

Refreshed the wife’s HD piece two weeks ago.
Field strip, wipe, fresh oil, thorough visual inspection,
Fresh grease on rails, drop or 2 of Archoil on metal parts in the frame.
Assemble, rack slide a few times, insert magazine, back in bedside safe.

Wifey good to go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tested out a P2000SK in .357SIG I just acquired, way less flippy than I expected the SK to be. Probably due to the RSA I guess, even softer shooting than my .357SIG USPc. Now to find a P2000.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Installed a mepro tall front sight on my 45 Expert. Much better.

Also put money on an Obsidian45 can for my tactical. The wait begins....

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Okay, I know we like to have fun around here, but can you guys PLEASE STOP doing exactly what OP asked you guys not to do? All of the comments thus far have been "carrying it," "reloading ammo for it," or "bumping it." SOOOOO LAME.

Can the mods zap all posts (including mine) until people start to catch on? There is a thread like this on the BMW forums I visit, and it is pretty fun to keep up with. Would like to see something similar here without all the knucklehead comments taking up 80% of it!

Oh yeah, if you're going to post, pictures are very much appreciated!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I put some new Night Sights on a USPc 357 Sig. Bore sighted it, everything went well, took it in a dark room FRONT SIGHT DEAD, inspected it in a lighted room. Turns out the only person who would ever see the glow of the front sight would be a person I was aiming at (God Forbid). Moron of the week award, I put it on backward, I sure missed a big clue while bore sighting, I did not spot the missing dot. Oh well, All is fine now. I expect my moron trophy by the end of the week.

·
Registered
196 Posts
PRO TIP: From a guy that has been shooting 30 years and installed perhaps 50 sets of Night Sights, the front sight dot faces TOWARD the shooter.

Starting a thread in hopes a lot of us can participate in - pretty easy - What did you do to your Heckler & Koch pistol today?
* Install new sights? * Install a different trigger group such as LEM or change the Version number? *Refinish/have it refinished? *Add an RMR? *Stipple part or all of the grip? *Change the controls?

You get the idea! Just no 'I shot it today', feel those should stay in
Range Reports Forum

Today I did some searching for new sights for the new full size USP 45, still undecided on Trijicon or Meprolight...decisions decisions

GO! =)

Reactions: Kost and caanuride

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Before holstering it for the day I cleaned the lint out of it, applied some lube, cycled it for function and then spent a few seconds admiring it and the mods I’ve done over time.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts