HKPRO Forums banner
341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Came here to post I sent my slide out to DP Custom and looks like you had the same work done. How quick was your turn around?
For an RMR cut and Melonite it was almost exactly 5 weeks. USPS was delayed a bit but with shipping both ways it was probably close to 6 weeks. Not bad imo especially for the price compared to other shops. Work is fantastic and am really digging the new finish. Doesn’t look out of place on an HK but seems to be a bit more of a flat/matte black than the original HE Finish.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Trigger trench removal and converted from v2 lem to v1. I'm going to be doing something special to it soon though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Took out the extended magazine release and replaced it with the normal one after I noticed small indents in the polymer mags' catches. :oops:
Nothing too alarming, though.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Since I broke my foot and bored out of my mind, I thought I would take a photo (again) but with a M13 wearing Nill panels.

Hope y'all don't mind.

Wood Trigger Air gun Wood stain Hardwood

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got some Meprolight night sights and a +5 mag from hkparts for my USP 45. That's 17 rds of .45 acp and only about 2" longer than a flush fit mag. (y)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Which *5’s did you go with. I have some of the one from HK parts, and I can only get them to take 3 rounds before getting fairly tight. I honestly can’t imagine getting them to take 2 more rounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which *5’s did you go with. I have some of the one from HK parts, and I can only get them to take 3 rounds before getting fairly tight. I honestly can’t imagine getting them to take 2 more rounds.
It is from hkparts, custom end cap on the stock 12 rd body. I used a Maglula loader as I do for all new pistol mags. First time I loaded 13-14. A week later I loaded to 17 rds and am leaving it loaded for another week before I head to the range. Standard in my experience with modern hi-cap mags.

My hands and thumbs are quite strong, but modern new pistol mags are insane!! o_O I don't even use a loader for 5.56 or 7.62 mags as I consider those very easy to load. Modern pistol mags are a different story as they are really pushing the envelope to cram in every round. Never had that problem with my Browning Hi-Power even when new back in the day....

I had a similar experience with the hkparts +3 mag for the HK45. No problems after a short break-in period. I also 100% accidentally discovered that the factory HK45 mags do indeed accept and function with 11 rds, but there is no reason to push it for SD, so I don't.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Removed VP9 striker assembly to clean out the channel for the first time. It had a little bit of seeped in oil but no crud to speak of.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I converted my (new to me) USP 45 from a V1 to V3 configuration.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Reactions: RetropM
341 - 360 of 362 Posts