HKPRO Forums banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
USP45 USP45C P30L P30SK VP9LOR
113 Posts
Boating accident... lost'em all after reading the news this morning.
That reminds me.... I have to take the boat out today to run her for a bit...... I should take all my guns out for a ride in the sun!

·
Registered
SP5K, Mk23, USP, P30, HK45, P2000
125 Posts
Installed the gg srt kit on the P30S yesterday, really like it.

Reactions: Kost

·
Registered
371 Posts
I tried to "boost" my expert trigger a bit. Boosting was an old 1911 trick that amounted to pushing on the homer while you dry fired the gun. It somewhat burnished the edge of the sear improving the feel of the break. The Expert trigger is pretty perfect. I've had a different expert amd a couple of tacticals. One of the tacticals was the LE version that didnt have the match sear. Even after replacing the sear the trigger was never as good as a complete factory expert trigger.

Incant say that boosting worked but I cam say thaty.Expert trigger has absolutely zero creep. You take up the slack in the trigger to the wall and you can only feel more finger pressure before the break. Zero over travel. It is the.best trigger I've had on any gun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried to "boost" my expert trigger a bit. Boosting was an old 1911 trick that amounted to pushing on the homer while you dry fired the gun. It somewhat burnished the edge of the sear improving the feel of the break. The Expert trigger is pretty perfect. I've had a different expert amd a couple of tacticals. One of the tacticals was the LE version that didnt have the match sear. Even after replacing the sear the trigger was never as good as a complete factory expert trigger.

Incant say that boosting worked but I cam say thaty.Expert trigger has absolutely zero creep. You take up the slack in the trigger to the wall and you can only feel more finger pressure before the break. Zero over travel. It is the.best trigger I've had on any gun.
Have you tried a Sig P226 with short reset trigger? I have an Expert and an Elite, and I don't know that the trigger on them is better than the Sig.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yes, I used a P226R that I installed a short reset sear in. Reset was good and I kept the pistol for a long time but started getting frame wear that was through the anodizing and beginning to gaul. I was shooting suppressed almost exclusively so that seemed to be the cause of the wear. I sold it and went a couple of years without a pistol host. I tried a P320 XCarry but there are/were no threaded barrels for it and I dont like the glock grip angle, so gave the VP9 Tactical a try. I shoot the VP9T like I've been shooting it for years. Very natural pointing and great accuracy. The trigger is good but there is room for improvement. My Expert 45 is one of the best triggers I've ever pulled on any gun. I've had some custom bolt guns and had an amazing trigger in my AR but the expert runs with the best. No perceptible take up and no over travel, just a reset. I considered Bruce Hrays USP short reset but hesitate to mess with the trigger since it's so nice.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts