HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. My first post and I have a question. I bought two JLD 91 rifles about 7 years ago. I put them in my safe and have not shot them. After recently finding this site and reading through some posts, I took the bolt carrier out and this is what I found:

Carrier marked FMP 5/98

Bolt marked P-4/04

The rifles serial numbers begin with A3*** My big question, are these rifles considered to be in the "good" batch? Also, should I be concerned about any issues? And what do those letters and numbers mean on the bolt and carrier?

Thanks so much for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Your gun is considered one of the best they made. The FMP carrier was made in Portugal, where all their machinery came from. The bolt is POF, from Pakistan, & is a genuine contract part. Your gun will eat any surplus ammo w/o problem. I too have an A30xx gun, & it's as good as a real HK gun. Welcome to the forum. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, boy! Thanks Gary. I really didn't know what I was buying at the time, just wanted an HK91 and couldn't really find a decent one for a good price. When I found the JLD 91 I freaked-out and bought two.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Oh, boy! Thanks Gary. I really didn't know what I was buying at the time, just wanted an HK91 and couldn't really find a decent one for a good price. When I found the JLD 91 I freaked-out and bought two.
When shooting for groups, in the old days Federal Red Box ball ammo always worked well, in my HK better than many surplus and the Fed GMM (thinking due to the heavier 168gr bullet in the GGM).
Welcome to the forum.

Your gun is considered one of the best they made. The FMP carrier was made in Portugal, where all their machinery came from. The bolt is POF, from Pakistan, & is a genuine contract part. Your gun will eat any surplus ammo w/o problem. I too have an A30xx gun, & it's as good as a real HK gun. Welcome to the forum. GARY N4KVE
What type barrel in the A30xx guns? Might debate if 100% as good as a full FMP or German gun, but if a claw scope mount fits, sounds like might make it into the 9X% range ;-) <-- note

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
The rifles serial numbers begin with A3*** My big question, are these rifles considered to be in the "good" batch?
Thats a great batch. I'd pay near-new prices for a used JLD gun vs a PTR-91.

Also, should I be concerned about any issues?
The only concern is every other clone, or PTR gun you shoot won't measure up to this one and your life will be filled with disappointments. To save you the anguish I'll make an offer to take that JLD gun off your hands for a nominal fee. :wink:

·
Registered
217 Posts
My JLD Enterprises PTR91 is in the A39XX, It's Bolt Carrier is a Rhinemetall.
I can't tell who made the Bolt, but I do believe that it's a contract unit, because on the bottom there is the last 3 of the original rifle's Serial number, 799.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those guns used the Wilson barrel, & digested any surplus ammo. This same ammo would jam up later PTR guns that used the TC barrel after only 5 rounds. GARY N4KVE

So, does my rifle with Serial # A376* have the Wilson barrel then? I really don't know how to tell one way or the other. Thanks for all the replies guys.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Gary is correct,JLD was using wilson barrels in this range. I have one also and the JLD builds are and still are the best JOSE ever built.The PTR INC. rifles DO NOT have no where near as many Hk parts and these shoot any ammo.I have 2 of them and they run like sewing machines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts