HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted before that i just got a new to me, used usp9. according to the date code its from 1993. is there anything i need to be aware of or any differences between the 93's?

the finish is great. the ns's arent bad. the barrel is perfect.

is there anything i am overlooking?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Yours should have land and groove rifling and not the polygonal bore so you can safely shoot cast bullets through it (check first to make sure), LUCKY YOU! I'll take L&G over polygonal any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There have been a few "upgrades" but most are safety related (as in passing drop tests and other mandated tests, not real safety issues) so there is nothing to worry about. Use snap caps for dry firing and you have no real concerns about the firing pin either.
Shoot and enjoy, you have a first year pistol there so cherish it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt realize it was a first year usp. i think im going to order a m.t.a.c. for it and a few mags but ill wait on any other accessories.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a similar USP 40 dated KD. It's land and grooved and lacks the half-cock intercept notch, so when it decocks it full rests flush with the slide. This is a commonly asked question, why doesn't the hammer go all the way down. It does when you pull the trigger, not when you decock, unless it's an older model like we have. I have fired mine quite a bit, bought from a member at HK PRO for a song with about a 15,000 round count if I remember. Finish was excellent, never holstered, and was kept and cherished as a safe queen. 40 was the first caliber in the USP series according to the world of HK front page info section.

Glad to see you have joined the HK crowd. You won't regret it, they're superb weapons in every respect. Beware that one leads to two leads to three...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i plan on buying one last handgun this week. i wish it could be a usp compact but locally they are just way too much $$.

i have owned some costly pistols and this USP feels good to me. the gun is solid and if i could just find one more for a bargain it would keep me from getting the glock 19 ive been eyeballin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts