HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still getting accustomed to the 45 C, love it but after seeing so many posts regarding "upgrades" and potential improvements I'm wondering just excatly which ones are really necessary? Threaded barrel, flash hider, green o-rings or black...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Rail mounted flame thrower!

But for reals, that thing is BA. LEM upgrade if it grabs you, night sights or some variation if the stock ones don't do it for you.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I run the 45c with light lem, Heinie straight eight qwick sights, and the flat base plates take some height off the grip if you CCW.

Other than those mods - it's a solid gun top to bottom.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...this makes sense... "the flat base plates take some height off the grip if you CCW."
So where do I find these flat bases?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
589 Posts
DesertD,

None of what you listed would qualify as an "upgrade." Night sights and, if you have a reason to want it, a different version of safety/decocking/trigger mechanism. Threaded barrel does not improve anything, but is useful if you actually intend to mount a suppressor.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Just add ammo.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yeah...this makes sense... "the flat base plates take some height off the grip if you CCW."
So where do I find these flat bases?

Thanks guys!
Adam from HKparts has them now, just got a email about them. But if he doesn't have them then go to RTG.com. As far as making it "better" thats all up to you, as great as the HK45c it can still use a little pa-zaz but so could any gun if it's not coming out of Bill Wilson's shop. It's all personal dude. I like the Trijicons, alot of folks on here like the Heinies and the Heinies are damn sexy.
I'll tell you what I want my HK45c to be like by this summer. Trijicon sights, Crimson laser and MAYBE converted to light LEM if this DA trigger stays gritty. There aren't many options out there but you can still personalize a bit. By the way, good question.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Bout 2000 rounds and a buncha mags

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Bout 2000 rounds and a buncha mags
The mags can be quite pricey but I just brought used USPc45/HK45c mags that were police trade ins for 30$ per mag. I promise you, if you hawk the WTS section and buy from frequent sellers you will get quality mags even if they are used. And don't be scared to PM people who are selling HK45c's or USPc.45's and ask if they would sell their extra mags separately. I've got some fresh HK45c mags at a great price by doing that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's all it REALLY needs--lots and lots of ammo.

That's what I love about HK pistols--they're nearly perfect right out of the box. Sure, you can change from DA/SA to LEM (or even light LEM), and you can swap sights and baseplates according to your preference, but the basic pistol is 100% functional and acceptable for most users exactly as it comes from the factory. I'd take a stock HK45C over a custom or semi-custom 1911 any day of the week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I cut down some oversized Decal Grips to fit the 45c and it made a world of difference. Did the same with my P2000 sk. If they ever offer the 45c with the new 45 style gips I will probably trade mine in.

·
Registered
818 Posts
An hour or two of lessons from a QUALIFIED NRA Instructor will be very valuable to you! Any bad habits will be identified & corrected. It's worth just the cost of an hours lesson just to identify any issues with YOU!! Your shooting WILL benefit from just an hour lesson. Just learning the correct way of doing a press out will be worth it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Until my HK45C stops hitting where I aim, I'm keeping the factory Luminova sights on mine.

The only upgrades/modifications I'll be making are conversion to the "light" LEM trigger system (my P2000SK LEM .40 sold me on the LEM) and buying some ten round HK45CT magazines (or converting the stock HK45 ten rounders using the X grip spacers).

ETA: Holsters! I forgot I want to add some different style holsters, too...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts