HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I found this nice paper weight being sold in Germany. Based upon the markings on the receiver, what can be determined? Most curious about the HK33"E", the circled B and the AH build date. Is there no correlation to the 74 and the AH?

HK33 Receiver.JPG

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
I have only seen one similar to that, and it was marked: :biggrin:

1. Left receiver

HK33E 74-025646
Cal.5,56x45
HK II

2. Right receiver

Made in W-Germany
HK Chantilly Va.

Interesting the "B" in the circle mark appears on the MK23 MOD O barrel (right side). :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is listed as factory new. I have asked what if any markings are on the right side of the receiver.

·
Registered
177 Posts

The "AH" also appears on this UMP bolt. Could be some sort of proof mark for weapons that were for export?

If its like the couple of 33s Ive seen in some of the $h!t holes I've been deployed to, I would bet there are no markings on the right side.

G57

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

The "AH" also appears on this UMP bolt. Could be some sort of proof mark for weapons that were for export?

If its like the couple of 33s Ive seen in some of the $h!t holes I've been deployed to, I would bet there are no markings on the right side.

G57
Could be, I have seen "id" on some G36 parts when I had reason to believe it was not a date code.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I asked ZIB if these receivers were from demilled or decommissioned rifles or receivers that were perhaps never assembled into complete rifles. They responded that they were new. I take that to mean they were produced years ago, but never assembled into a complete rifle. They also said there are no other markings on the other side of the receiver.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
So I asked ZIB if these receivers were from demilled or decommissioned rifles or receivers that were perhaps never assembled into complete rifles. They responded that they were new. I take that to mean they were produced years ago, but never assembled into a complete rifle. They also said there are no other markings on the other side of the receiver.
The right receiver was generally utilized for U.S. import markings--- outside of the U.S., the right receiver will be void of markings!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
234 Posts
Guys, the AH is a date code that is applied for export use. It does not always correspond to the actual manufacture date of the rifle. This is why sometimes you'll see older guns with a much newer date code.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The right receiver was generally utilized for U.S. import markings--- outside of the U.S., the right receiver will be void of markings!!! :biggrin:

Tony
Just to confuse things, here are some pix of the right side of some receivers marked with ATM (Malaysian?) and the serial number.
HK33%205.JPG
HK33%203.JPG

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I thought like the previous post that the E meant it was manufactured for export.

I saw those receivers posted a while back and cried at the price of 199 euros. If they could have been imported I would have bought every last one they had.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Banned
34,557 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
And now they are selling almost complete OEM HK33's with no extra markings like "E" or "B" etc. Good to very good condition and well greased up from storage. Minus barrel, bolt and trigger parts. Even almost complete 416's & 417's minus same. Those are way too pricey though and no they can't be exported.
HK33, free part set, without barrel/bolt/trigger/magazin
View attachment 105458
not to mention factory new g36K kits sans barrel and bolt head for 1900....How I wish these were exportable

1 - 19 of 19 Posts