HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over 2 months since I've purchased an item on here from a forum member. My last contact with the seller was on the 27th of last month. Sent numerous messages on here and private email and no response. What action on here do I need to do to have him respond? Weekly he would say "I'll get it in the mail tomorrow" only to say the same thing the very next week

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Not much you can do on this forum, other than identify who the seller is, and moderators may ban that person from the forum. Contact the LEO (local and state department of where the seller lives) and maybe the ADA of the seller's location and file a formal report. Follow-thru with frequent calls. You'll need persistence and patience to get results. Sorry this happened to you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Where is the seller located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should have some buyer protection via PayPal.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Next time please don’t wait 2 months, any thing more than 2 weeks should raise suspicion, after payment. Always get a tracking as well. I am sure mod will get involved, if purchased on HK Pro.

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,754 Posts
You should have some buyer protection via PayPal.

Sorry, but PAYPAL doesn't LIKE GUNS. DID YOU TELL THEM IT WAS FOR A GUN PURCHASE? I have had PAY PAL withhold delivering the money when I sold a pistol another member. I eventually told him to just send me a USPS money order, which he did.

Good luck but using PAYPAL may be part of the problem. They told the guy that TRIED to send me the money that it would arrive in 2 -3 MONTHS. It was at that point that he just mailed me the money.

Had to refund the PAYPAL attempt twice. After that he just mailed it. Can't tell if it's Paypal or not, but without being able to talk to paul123???

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,933 Posts
No idea. Did transaction through paypal. Seemed reputable from other posts. I dont mind the wait but when I get no contact in over a month it makes me feel like I've been scammed. His names paul123
Have the Mods contact him, he should be good to go maybe something happened.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,437 Posts
With PayPal as a buyer, you can claim fraud and they will automatically return your funds ASAP even if you bought something that is banned per their policy. Nothing happens to the seller on a first offense. Plus, there is a time limit and I’m pretty sure your near that so 2 month (if indeed a fact) is too too long to wait on bull**** excuses regardless of who they are or if there is a hardship in their end. It’s normal to want to trust someone, but missed deadlines with no follow up are always tell tale of something gone wrong. Be happy that you didn’t send him check or money order. Don’t wait any longer.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,437 Posts
^if it was paid by Friends/Family (very common) I am not sure there is any buyer protection in those cases.
Actually under fraud you can still get you money back even if it was Friends and Family. Ask me how I know????

It's the reason why I don't take Paypal or Venmo from anyone I don't know.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,437 Posts
And word from the wise. Stop taking Paypal or Venmo as a form of payment. Its only a matter of time before you get screwed.

Reactions: Brad4065

·
Banned
4,102 Posts
And word from the wise. Stop taking Paypal or Venmo as a form of payment. Its only a matter of time before you get screwed.
+1 on what ^^^^^said. I don't do PP/Venmo at all anymore.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,437 Posts
For anyone who doesn't know this Venmo is Paypal. They are the same thing owned by the same company. Paypal will get to a point where they will stop the friends and family feature and if you transfer funds via Paypal you will be forced to pay their fee. If you tranfer funds via Venmo, at any point the buyer can have the money withdrawn from your account for any reason. If they were really a friend, you would have no issues, but some random person can/will screw things up for you with a push of a few buttons.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Always get a physical address. That way you can show up on their doorstep. They always think that will never happen and the look on their face when you do is priceless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.