HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased a NIB AK date code USP9F stainless slide with factory TRU DOT night sights, box label reads 'PISTOL, S/S, USP9, V1, INCOMPL' ... I assume 'INCOMPL' means 'incompliant', but incompliant with what? I did a quick search but did not find a definite answer.

·
Registered
18,635 Posts
From what I read, INCOMPL means "Incomplete" as guns shipped from HK Germany are shipped incomplete (no manuals, sights, sometimes manual, etc.) and the folks in Columbus, GA pack the rest of stuff inside the box. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
From what I was told years ago it meant in compliance for those states that have magazine restrictions. That does not mean that the person telling me this knew anything about what they were talking about, but back then (late 2004-5) the boxes that did have 'imcompl' were coming with 10R mags instead of full caps and boxes not so marked were coming with full caps so it did make since AT THAT TIME. Did yours come with 10 round mags instead of full cap? Of course, even if supplied with 10R mags from HK it may have had the neutered mags switched out for full caps if you state allows it.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Correct INCOMPL is the German short-hand word for Incomplete. The sights and manual are installed/overpacked in the US before shipment to the dealer. Mags can be included in that as well. Sometimes if HK Inc is sitting on many mags they will import some w/o.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. Mine comes w/ 15 rders ... so 'Incomplete' it is.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Love my USP and so will you :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
So how much did this cost since everyone else seemed to notice it and I didn't?

·
Registered
104 Posts
So how much did this cost since everyone else seemed to notice it and I didn't?
You are not alone, and to tell you the truth I looked twice 'cause I thought I was having a dyslexia case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts