HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Year, make and model would help.
HK45 American Made Left Side of the frame just above the trigger guard
It is also on MR762s and MR556s just before the barrel on the upper receiver, left side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give you a hint....Columbus, GA not Germany
Yeah, I'm aware. Instead of giving me vague hints can you actually point me to a source document on this subject, I've litterally been searching for 3 hours. Everytime I google Georgia Proofing houses, or Columbus firearm proofing or Georgia P in a Square (or any variation of any of those, I've tried them all) I get results about firearms law in Georgia. Please either help me or don't. I dont need vague Snide remarks

·
Priest of the P7
5,243 Posts
lol you were asking for it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol you were asking for it

But the P isn't in a the NH Capitol Building or a Shield so nothing in this thread is relevant to my question.

This is the problem I've been having

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Please either help me or don't. I dont need vague Snide remarks
Just joined, less than 2 hrs ago, and already being rude. Wow. That's probably not the best way to ask for help. If you can't have a discussion without getting your panties in a knot, please feel free to join another HK forum and act like a jerk over there. I'm not sure why anyone is even trying to help you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
what is a proof mark on a firearm;

In firearm terminology, a proof test is a test wherein a deliberately over-pressured round is fired from a firearm in order to verify that the firearm is not defective and will not explode on firing. The firearm is inspected after the test, and if it is found to be in sound condition, then it is marked with a "proof mark" "P" to indicate that it has been proofed

whether
the P is in a bell, a star, circle, or a square or is just a P all by itself, it all means the same thing; that the firearm was tested with a over-pressured round and didn't blow up and was inspected after the test to check that it is good to go

now you know

you're welcome, glad to be of help :)

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,655 Posts
The P is a genuine proof mark for proofing being conducted in the US. Also, the P with what looks like a bell is not actually a bell; it is the Capitol Dome of the New Hampshire State House, located in the state’s capital, Concord. HK use to have a facility there years ago until the consolidated down in GA.

There also no point in asking why the letter P was picked. Unless someone says otherwise, P just stands for Proofmark. HK Germany needed a quick solution to the road blocking they were getting from the Proofing Houses in Germany and that's how the P came about.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts