HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, instead of doing the "HK ______ pistol vs Glock, Sig, XD, etc. garbage", can you please share your reasons why you chose HK? Thanks.

·
Registered
764 Posts
1. Reputation. HK is easily one of the top gunmakers in the world today, with countless pleased and thankful customers around the world- civilian, police, and military.

2. Quality. HK is well known for its absolute top-of-the-line engineering and materials. You know you're getting your money's worth when you buy an HK.

3. Actual product use- I own a USP in .40 S&W. Before I acquired this weapon, I considered myself a mediocre pistol shot, at best, having fired SIGs, Glocks, S&Ws, Rugers, and 1911s. The USP was seemingly made for me, and I shoot that weapon better than anybody else that I know can. When you hold it and rack the slide back, you just know that you've got a top-of-the-line weapon. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
H&K's mystique.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
First handgun I purchased was a USP40f. It's serial #310, so I got in early with USP stuff. I had a couple of 91 and 93 rifles beforehand, so I knew the quality was there. I now have about 50 handguns..30 or so are Hk.:20000000:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quality, and the fact that they are some of the most revered firearms in the world. It gives you a certain piece of mind knowing that your weapon will function in a critical situation if you need it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Heckler and Koch is without a doubt the premier firearms manufacturer
on this planet.

"Armorers to the World". That just about says it all.

Also, I like the motto, "In a world of Compromise, some don't."
That is a refreshing philosophy in todays world of appeasement.:26:

·
Registered
506 Posts
gave this responce elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here.
In my never to be humble, but very new to HK opinion...
For me it came down to one simple test. I went to the range 2 times. Shot sig, glock and HK 40 cal models. I looked at the papers after 40 rounds each and the HK usp group was tigher by more than an inch at 15 yards.
Did the same test with 1911, sig, glock and HK usp 45 cal models the sig was a very close, and I do like the sig 226 9m but, I liked the controls on the HK better and since I wanted one of each cal. I went HK all the way.
I have had my 45 USP full size v1 for about 3 weeks now. Shot it today and drilled 8 round that tore one big hole and all 10 inside the 2 inch ring in under 4 seconds at 15 yards with full factory load 230 grain fmj's. Ran 5 rounds of the premium TAP rounds that I'm starting to carry on duty just to be sure they fire well and feel the same, with simular results. That is the kind of self defence stopping power I like.

The proof is in the target.
Arthur

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
When shopping for my first handgun a few years ago I rented and shot all the other brands such as glock,sigs,ruger,ect. The HK felt the best overall so I was sold. Plus more importantly, what other handgun manufacture makes a gun that even comes close to the P7 :D.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Didn't have a .40 at the time, sold it and wanted another one. Didn't own an HK, wanted one. Didn't have a compact mid-size weapon with a bobbed hammer, wanted one. I rolled this all together and came up with a USP Compact .40S&W. This answered all the "wants" so to speak. I could echo all the accurate, durable, high quality, reliable weaponry stuff, but we all know they ARE so what good will that do? They're top shelf, about the only production weapons that come close or are on par are the SIG line of pistols. HK leaves the Berettas, Glocks, Ruger Semi Autos, Springfield XDs, Tortus 92F clones, etc, metal or plastic firearms in their dust. Not that I'm a hater of these other lines, because I own or have owned several of them. There's just a prestige that not everybody has one that goes with owning an HK. I think it's also a little bit of the whole "seal, special forces, swat, ninja tactical operator, covert warrior, rainbow 6" thing that I can't explain as well.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I started my HK habit back in the mid-80s. Their 90 series rifles. They speak for themselves and is simple why they were chosen:
Quality.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I think it's also a little bit of the whole "seal, special forces, swat, ninja tactical operator, covert warrior, rainbow 6" thing that I can't explain as well.
and angelina jolie is hot!!!

plus hk's are just beautiful

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I got my first cop job after being in the Marines, I was issued a Sig 229. Being left-handed, I had trouble with the controls. Another officer carried a USP 40, and a couple Deputies carried USP 45's. The controls were easy to use, etc, knew of HK because I did use an MP-5 in the Marines, so I picked one up. I actually didn't like the 40 that much because the grip was too short, but it never did me wrong. Regardless the grip drove me crazy and I didn't like the DA/SA-so I got a Glock. Hated that even more because my finger got pinched in the trigger guard. Then my dept. authroized cocked and locked so I tried a 1911. That was great, when the thing worked. During most of my 1911 experience, I carried my USP 40 (Cocked and Locked now with a jet funnel-actually a pretty good set-up). Now by this time I had been around for about 6 years, had kinda been a gun of the month type guy and realy wanted to settle down. My criteria was; .45, single action, TOTALLY RELIABLE, that had a long enough grip I could do a reload w/o pinching my palm. Answer USP 45 Variant 10.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I purchased my first HK USP, based on versitility and ergos. Being able to carry cocked and locked if I choose too, decocker, mag release and slide release positions. Still the best. Now, if I could get a P2000 with the decocker in the same position, with that grip ...it'd be the best.

Bad, trigger pull in DA mode. Took my USPc completely apart on Tues evening and smoothed up some contact points and got a really nice SA trigger, but the DA is still too strong.

The LEM is very good also, so HK still has a lot going right.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
1. HKs reputation
2. realibilty
3. durabilty
4. coolness factor
5. My first HK (USP compact 9mm) really impressed me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wanted a fullsize, hi capacity, double-action .45ACP. P220 was out, I didnt care for the G21, and Para Ord's were still all single action (this was 1998 mind you)

The only other pistol that fit the bill was the EAA Witness, and I didnt want that.

USP 45 was the right pistol at the right time.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
All of the above - Im also German *Kost*. Seriously tho - Heckler & Koch are the premier weapon makers. I own H&K/Colt/STI - I wont bother with the rest.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts