HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fake suppressor options are currently available to cover the 16" inch barrel on the HK USC?

Who makes what and where does one find it?

Does anyone make anything that resembles the AAC Defender .45 UMP suppressor?

·
Registered
186 Posts
HDPS is currently making an AAC look a like. But that will probably be at least a year from now. I have gone down this road of trying to contact as many people as possible and no one will do it. All I've wanted was for someone to make one that looks like the Defender. Jeff at TE said he would do it first, then backed out. Then I contacted Ralph at RTDS he said he would do it but I haven't heard from him in months. So I'm out of options and have given up. I guess we'll just have to wait, and wait, and wait for Ed at HDPS.

they do sell airsoft(aluminum) fake suppressors that look like the defender. that could be chopped up to maybe work if someone had the time and knowledge.

Scottoe

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,656 Posts
I'm not sure that this will help, but it may offer some insight. I work with a suppressor manufacturer. There are two basic system components for a legal suppressor: the guts (baffle stack, etc.) and the tube. The tube is the serial numbered part. In order to be somewhat cost efficient, suppressors are made in batches... a bunch of .22 cans, a bunch of .45 cans, a bunch of .223 cans. This means that the tubes are done up in bulk and serial numbered in bulk, as well (at least for us). Once it is serial numbered, it's an NFA item on our books, so we might as well make it a real can.

Given that the only tangible portion that a fake can is missing is the baffle stack... Gotta have the tube, the threaded or lugged end, the exit end, and everything must be aligned, and then finished and then marked... it's not a really viable money project to make fakes.

Of course, if there was a ready market that was gobbling them up, we could set up several runs!

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to me there is a market for an AAC moch suppressor barrel shroud for the USC.

Everyone and there brother has looked into making one but none of them do it.

Oh and Landpimp, thanks for the picture. That suppressor seems like it should be on the end of a Mk23 but I guess both the Mk23 and USC/UMP are .45's so its feasible. Not bad looking.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,656 Posts
kdogg,
I think you may have given fuel to my commentary. Lot's of people have looked into making them, but usually walk away from the project. Sure, there may be a market for USC's, but it is a very tiny one. Think about how few USC's were sold the first time around, how much it took to get HK to release them again, and how few USC's there are compared to other weapons.

In roughly the same time it takes to make a real can, somebody would have to take less for about the same effort.

I'm guessing that is why there are so few options.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It just saddens me that every little part is made for airsoft guns but getting stuff made for real guns is like pulling teeth.

Like this neat little toy I just picked up:

http://intrastar.net/~kdogg/guns/gemtech_halo/

Gemtech Halo moch suppressor. Fully CNC machined... The flange is threaded that locks it onto the barrel and both end caps are threaded. The quality is great.

Fits my real AR's great.

$69.99 from Madbull Airsoft.

I came up with an idea today though. I'm going to order two G&G moch AAC Defender airsoft suppressors, pull the tubes off and pay someone to cut one of them to the length I need and weld them together then have it refinished.

Then drill out both ends to match the size of the USC barrel and drill and tap some set screw holes and slide it on and tight it up.

Shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
87 Posts
HDPS makes one .I pick it up on GB for about 125.00. I think its also on there site.best i've seen out there.sorry i dont have any pics i'm traveling for work.

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
Does it have to come with that vert grip attached or is removable?
If you're talking about the EL shroud, the grip can be removed. It comes with the vertical grip or a small set screw that goes in it's place if the grip isn't used. I personally don't use the grip on mine.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
just talked to them, hopefully they will have one of the shrouds in stock for a usc.
im hoping when im ready and start seriously looking for one, ill be able to find one ad a descent price.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
emailing a company which has a nice one. but it needs me to drill two holes in the polymer of the hand guard. Im not willing to do this.

other ones use those screws which pressure fit to the barrel. wont these mare the barrel?? leave marks, causing rust in the future?
not familiar, so im asking questions. thank you

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
HKParts makes a pretty solid fake suppressor for the USC. It doesn't look like the AAC but it attaches securely. The shroud is fixed to the bottom rail and it secures in place via the bottom rail screws.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Faux-Sound-Suppressor-HK-USC-Rifle-195p2369.htm

I see they are also selling one by MFI that looks similar to what you are looking for.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USC-Fake-Suppressor-195p765.htm

the first one requires two hols to be drilled in the hand guard, through the polymer, i can do it, but i will not drill holes in my nice firearms.

the other one uses set screws, and wont this mare the barrel? make marks, scratch the surface of the barrel. if overtightened?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts