HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know HK makes the best weapons (shut it you know its true), but some companies make some mildly interesting weapons aswell. HK's done their thing to the AR15, and the SA80. Now the question is: what weapon or weapons would you like to see HK give a pretty makeover to?

Personally I'd like to see em do some magic to the FAMAS.

Whats the point of this thread you ask? Gee man I dunno, I'm bored. Be original and imaginative, or dull and unispired I don't care.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
The AK. I would be very curious to see how the Germans take on the AK platform and see how they would improve a platform that was successful despite being produced by several companies with inferior production techniques and materials. Seeing what the Germans did to the AR in adding all sorts of small pins and their tongue & grooves in various places, I doubt they would stick with the Russian's beloved and no-tools-required detent approach.

To open the world to them, what about a long-stroke piston carbine in intermediate proprietary HK chambering? Think Sig 550 style, but give HK free license for something in say...7mm. 25-30 round capacity. 16" barrel. 500m effective range. Perhaps this is too broad for your inquiry as this is a page from my "When I am King..." book.

I also would like to see a re-boot/2.0 version of the G3K and 53 since I think HK was a little to quick to cancel these roller-locks. Consider the emphasis on shorty/PDW 5.56mm guns and shorter 7.62x51 battle carbines. HK had viable entries come and go long before many of the modern entries to these niches. Updated fore ends, top rails, bolt catch, and a few other mods and these platforms would be more than competitive.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah the classic AK, that would be something to see. Might even get me to buy one. I too would like to see them make roller locks again. I don't think they'ed need to change them though, just do a come back tour for them. I like the idea of the HK550 in 7mm.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I want an hk version of the marines' m40. Think 7.62 nato with a quick caliber switch to .338 lapua. I guess what i'm saying is i want an hk bolt action sniper rifle

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
The AK. I would be very curious to see how the Germans take on the AK platform and see how they would improve a platform...
IMHO the Swiss beat them to that party with the Sig 550, 552

As for a weapon I thought over this for a while and would say Glock, oh wait we have the USP which begs the question why Glock but I digress.

I would say a German approach to a M14 would be neat. Perhaps HK's take on the Accuracy International AWP. I must say both of these weapons are damn hard to improve on. Good topic though...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
The entire Sig line. Maybe they'll stop sucking!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Thanks Seth. That's what I meant.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I know some time ago HK made shotguns with Benelli.

I would love to see an HK only version of the M4 or a pump design.

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I want an hk version of the marines' m40. Think 7.62 nato with a quick caliber switch to .338 lapua. I guess what i'm saying is i want an hk bolt action sniper rifle
When you think about it HK was created from the remnants of Mauser whos bolt action design was copied all over the world and is seen in our M40 :)

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
201 Posts
Go back to their roots. Bring out an updated MP44 or FG42. maybe even the British Em-2. But I would be satisfied if they would just bringg a S/A MP-7 even with a 16" barrel. If they did that I might actually deal with paperwork hassle and enter into the SBR world..it would be worth the extra $200.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm still damn curious what an HK 1911 would have shot like. It would probably be the first factory 1911 that really gave the customs a run for thier money. Also an updated (and not so expensive) PSG-1.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would like to see HK do someting like the 82A1 a semi auto 50 cal or any type of sporting rifle like in the 80's they need to make a hunting rifle again

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,806 Posts
I'd love for them to take another pass at sporting rifles. Not the definition as embraced by US Imports, but real bolties and such. There was a brief flirtation with them back in the day (have a look at the World of HK links above). The plus side is that they could be built either abroad or in the US with little regulatory issue. Don't know if it would be economically viable, though.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Glock has the g18 I think? So ya pistol that is f/a, or a nice over/under shotgun, for us that can't get our hands on a modern f/a.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd love to see an HK bullpup. I'm sure that if anything like that were ever made it would more than likely only be available to armed forces, though.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'd just like to see them reissue the P7M13 (or any of the P7-series, for that matter) again, only with the heat issues fixed or at least better shielded. Then I could die content.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts