HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to take a tactical shooting class with my beloved P7M8 and as you know, it gets damm hot after 3 mags. I can't imagine shooting it without gloves Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Try the Oakley and Hatch gloves. I have used both for extensive shooting and they both work great.

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
I've been looking at the 5.11 Taclite2. Don't need the padding, I just got sweaty mitts.

anyone use these?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
+1 on Oakley.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I've been looking at the 5.11 Taclite2. Don't need the padding, I just got sweaty mitts.

anyone use these?
Have em' and love em'. They are like a second skin. I don't wear gloves that much since I am in Houston, but these are great for cool weather shooting and driving. I have not used them in the heat, so I can't vouch for how they hold up when you soak them with sweat repeatedly.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hah . I noticed that too. That's taking the sport a little too seriously... imagine having to check your gun in at the range, and have the guys find your special shooting briefs.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If you have a Trek or other high end bicycle store, there are different types and weights of padded fingerless bicycle gloves that work great. Military surplus stores have different types of Nomex gloves, and then the are Oakleys that are great but maybe a bit of an overkill for a P7. I use all 3 of the above for different kinds of shooting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not to hi-jack the thread, but, anyone have recommendations for shooting gloves for magnum powered revolvers?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'd probably go with a color other than pink :wink: yeah yeah, real men wear pink! What brand of glove is that?
Good thing the bad guy won't see you coming with those pink gloves!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I own 5.11 that i use on duty and for shooting. Great gloves.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts