HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to get a talley of what all the LEO on this board carry for both on and off duty use?

------------------
In a world of compromise, some dont.

G

·
0 Posts
I am not LEO/military, but I think I speak for all the civvies on the board when I say that I would also like to please see what the duty rounds are for all you LEO's who post. This is just as important as the weapon.

------------------
---Jonathan
MP5/SP89/USP9F x3
USP9c/USP40F

·
Registered
4 Posts
Duty Weapon:
USP45 with hard chromed slide and night sights in Safariland Top-Gun holster loaded with 230gr Remington Golden Sabers.

Off Duty:
USP45 Compact in Galco Concealable holster. Same ammo. I sometimes carry my USP40c instead.

·
0 Posts
Duty:
USP45F V1 w/ Remington Golden Sabre

Off Duty:
Colt 1991A1 Compact w/ Remington Golden Sabre

Sorry guys, but I like the slim line colt too. But don't get me wrong, nothing on duty but H&K.

G

·
0 Posts
I work for the Nevada Dept of Prisons as a C/O. In the prison I work we use Rem 870 shotguns in the units and Ruger mini-14s in Towers. For transporting inmates we use Dept issued GP-100 38s or use personal weapons. I'm currently qualified on my HK USP 45F and Sig P245 as a back-up. My Dept is supposedly going to allow 40 cal along with 38 spl,9mm and 45 that is already allowed.

------------------

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frogman- where do you work?

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
On duty - Smith and Wesson 4046 (yuck!!!) with 180 gr. Hydrashock (ya know, the ones with the post in the hollowpoint).

Off duty - USP40 Compact with duty ammo.

Ski

·
Registered
4 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frogman:
Roger,
Sorry, friend. I'd rather not say exactly.

Frogman
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he told ya, he'd have to kill ya.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frogman- You could have just made something up. I dont carry my SOCOM because I dont want to get it all scratched up. If the department would just issue these to everybody! Just wait til im chief, SOCOM's and PDW's for all!

------------------

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, sort of a tricky situation explaining that. I hate that "tell ya-kill ya" phrase and I don't want to fib. Oh well, I guess I just wanted to continue to assert that there are Mk 23's in use by operators. You hear so much silliness out there.

In the meantime, I can't say where I am, exactly...but, "I've been around the world twice. Talked to everyone once. Met a man from Marblehead with a..." (Team guys out there will appreciate this.)

Frogman

G

·
0 Posts
Don't want to stray from the topic at hand, but when you say a "UMP on letterhead" I'm guessing you either meant USC or that you're department is going to purchase a UMP for you, to issue to you, and thus remain department, not your, property. Correct me if I'm wrong, (and I'm not), but you can't purchase a UMP or any other weapon of that "type" on individual officer letterhead. To do otherwise would seriously raise the ire of those who regulate said activity, not to mention post-deadly force related court issues. If we could I'd be the first in line. I'm an ardent supporter of LEO letterhead sales of ALL applicable, (and LEGAL) weapons, including pistols, rifles, and shotguns or whatever your department allows. If you take advantage of the opportunity they give you, it gives you a better leg to stand on when the politics comes into play and they decide they no longer want to subsidise, (through letterhead price advantages), or otherwise allow you to carry, what those you protect and serve may not be able to legally own. Sounds like I'm starting another topic, I'll stop now...

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Roger, just to back Frogman up and help him keep his peace I'll just say I think "scratches" are about the least thing in the way of blemishes on his SOCOM. I'm sure it's seen a lot worse than any of us will ever put through our "Collector's items"

Best to you (a fellow socom owner)

G

·
0 Posts
I have the MK23 SOCOM pistol with well over
20,000 rounds through it.
I have not babied this pistol in anyway shape or form. I went several months and over 6000+ rounds once without cleaning it and it still performed like brand new..
I tried to make this pistol fail and it refused, My MK23 looks alittle beat up
but I think It gives it character...
Not to digress too much but I do know officers who carry this "battle axe" in the Safariland 6004 holster and love it....
These are mostly in the gang areas of Los Angeles.
Their attitude is "you don't need a backup pistol when you have the MK23"
The "its too big" diatribe is BS, my petite
blond haired blue eyed Kali girl wife can shoot this beast with scarry accuracy...
The only bad thing is that now she thinks it is HER pistol...
Sorry boys, rant mode off...

------------------
MAKE EVERY SHOT COUNT AND ACCOUNT FOR EVERY SHOT!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
In uniform we are required to carry the issued Beretta 92F
. Fortunately I'm not in uniform anymore with the exception of Mardi Gras and details.

I carry from a selection of:

USP45 Tactical w/o UTLII in a Galco Miami Classic or Milt Sparks BN55. W/ UTL in an Eagle Industries tactical thigh rig. 230gr. Gold Dots.

P7M8/P7M13 in a Blade-Tech belt slide or Galco MC. Or as a back up to the Tact in a Galco SOB. 147gr. Gold Dots.

Kimber Ultra ELite in a Galco Yaqui Slide or as a back up to the Tact in a Galco SOB.

Soon to add a Kimber Heritage Edition to the lot.

Benelli M1 Tactical pre-ban.

You guys that get to carry what you want in uniform are fortunate. We're limited to shotguns too. Probably no chance of carrying rifles ever.

[This message has been edited by P7M8 (edited 01-14-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Roger,
Unfortunately, I have to carry what my department gives me and I have no choice. I HAVE to carry a SW 5946 DAO 9mm (BOO, HISS!!). I carry a HK P7M8 in my vest as my backup as I am allowed to carry what I want (long as it is same caliber)as a backup. I will probably be switching to HK USP compact 9mm as my backup and put my P7 in my collector's case and retire it. It is too much of a collector's rare piece to use it everyday. At least the P7 is getting to be hard to find where I am. Mossberg 590 shotgun (no choice) and AR 15 rifle.

G

·
0 Posts
Oh I almost forgot Roger. Off duty I carry HK USP compact 40 and I shoot IPSC with HK USP Expert 40 and win most always. Beautiful guns!!

G

·
0 Posts
Well just for starters we are made to carry the Sig P226 in 9mm with Federal
hydro's. If it was choice I would carry my USP40 with 180gr.Speer Golddots like I do off duty.

With the range of narcotics on the street today 9mm "My Opinion" just isnt cutting it, they make us carry 9mm and say its suffcient fire power,then why does it take 6 or more shots to bring down a dopped up crack head? I've had to use my USP 40. off duty one afternoon, I was shocked Not only one shot stop but knocked him back a foot or two!!!

Your duty weapon should be used to protect you and the public instead of some good deal the dept. got on them. I wish it was still the same as ten years ago when we were allowed to pick what we wanted to carry. I'm not alone when I say that most of us at Customs hate having trust our lives with a gun and ammo that we dont beleive in.

PS I'm a Customs Agent not a SPELLING TEACHER so dont hold that against me

Sincerely Sgt. S Conard

[This message has been edited by Sam Conard (edited 01-26-2001).]

1 - 20 of 98 Posts