HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what HK pistol was you're first purchase. What made you decide to buy it and what platform were you using prior.

As most are aware there seems to be a HK phobia related to spending X amount of dollars for a polymer pistol. Were you in that camp.

Myself my first HK was. P7 grade A.

I never purchased any further HK's until I picked up a VP9.

Luckily my second purchase was a HK45T right when HK was offering their 200.00 rebate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hk45. I wanted a .45 that was more of a combat style non-1911 but preferred a thinner more ergonomic grip. The list was thin to start with and the Hk45 was the only one that really fit everything I wanted. I didn't really want to spend that much but I wanted the gun I wanted. Looking back I would do it again in a heartbeat. Over time it has become my favorite gun. It is my CCW 60% of the time and I run it stock except for ambi safety and a set of Trijicon HDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
First Hk is USPc 40. First hand gun ( CCW) was Ruger SR1911 Commander. It was too hot and heavy to carry in summer and difficult to conceal so I switched to Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9 for summer. I wanted something I could carry all year long so I got the Hk USPc 40.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My first was a P2000sk. I was looking for a good CCW and I picked it up used at a really good price. The next were 45c, 45c German date code, P30 and just a couple weeks ago an OD USPT 45. Next on my list are USPT 9 and USP 9 stainless. My first handgun was a S&W Sigma LOL! I will say that I never had a malfunction with it and sold it for what I paid for it new.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
A P7M8, then a 2nd, a third, and a fourth. Somewhere in between the second and fourth M8, I fell out of the P7 infatuation.

Six P30s, 2 HK45s, an HK45c, VP9, and several USPs later, I find myself devoid of the P7 itch, but not the HK desire.

Still thinking about that P30sk.... I really need one of those.

Problem is, I just bought a B&T APC9, and need some recovery time from that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Would you believe a HK 91 with 2 extra mags, cleaning kit and sight tool purchased Nov 1978 from B&B Pawn on Yadkin Rd, just outside Ft Bragg. $462.70 with tax out the door. It was my 1st SHTF/.308 rifle. Reason? Reliability, reliability, reliability … Followed by a few P7M8s, USPs, and HK45Cs. Did I mention reliability ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was mainly a 9mm guy. Beretta's, Sigs. I went to 45 with a 220. I really liked it and got couple of them. I had eyes HK for along time but couldn't justify the cost, never shooting one before. I ended up selling off my 220's and started missing my 45's. I found a deal on a USP Tactical and took the plunge.
I soon realized I was wrong about justifying the cost. It was worth every penny.

·
Registered
48 Posts
P2000 9mm. Had Glocks, Sigs, S&W, always wanted an HK. Finally found one at a gun show, traded my never fired M&P .40 and $200 for it. A VP9 followed it in April and now I am working on a USP Compact with the stainless slide. I can't see myself buying another brand at this point.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Early 2002, and it was a HK USP 9mm...bought from a friend who was deploying overseas, and wanted more party money ($400) before heading to a strip club...carried a Glock 19 at the time...sadly it was another 13 years before I fired my first P7M8, but that's when I truly came on board that HK was the winner in the debate of who produced the greatest CC pistol

-HKBJJ

1 - 20 of 460 Posts