HKPRO Forums banner
441 - 459 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
So I clicked the “New” button and saw this post…was gonna comment on it, but then as I was browsing page one, low and behold I saw I had already commented back in April 2016 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: RetropM

·
Registered
246 Posts
First? The rifles. First pistol? The USP. I like engineering and design. First pistol with a dust cover rail standard? People complain now because it’s not “universal” or 1913 but dang it was the first! Kind of like Gene Stoner telling Reed Knight who was trying to figure out where to mount things on an M16 “I didn’t have mounting lasers in mind when I designed it!” (I am paraphrasing but it is close per Knight).
The thought they put into the USP/Mark 23 got me to look into the older legacy guns all the way back to the HK4 with it’s 4 conversions. Always impressed by what they were doing. Even with guns that don’t seem to be liked like the VP70 (a shadow front sight and deeper rifling to do what it does? I think that is neat plus it was designed with a double feeding mag and 2200rpm in mind....and P7M10 (which I think is really neat but suffers from comparisons to the excellent balance and feel of P7 9mms). Did they misread the market sometimes? Possibly but they were definitely being innovative in their approach to what they perceived as a need. I like that.
There are features on all the pistols from the HK4 forward that interest a gun nerd like I can be. But I guess the USP gets credit (or blame) for starting my interest in HK pistols. 👍

·
Registered
61 Posts
Department issued MP5 that's where it started then came a
HK 91, and it was, and is still, all downhill from there. 2 93's
a ****load of clones and so on.

Reactions: flvraptor

·
Premium Member
SP5, USC, USP40c, USP9 tactical, VP9SK
51 Posts
Lots of time shooting 91s & 93s , P7 M8 back in 1979/80. But The first HK that I owned was a USP40c. I bought it used, loved it. Then my friend who sold it to me, asked if he could buy it back. I made the mistake of obliging him. This year I found one in a pawn shop an hour away and picked it up, To add to the family.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First one was a USP COMPACT 9mm stainless KI date code. It's been a long and winding road since then with many $$ having flowed under the bridge.
In the late 80,s I ran into a p7 13 and a p7 8 in a gun store and bought them both for what I thought was very cheap. More out of curiosity and good deal then anything else. This was my first dip in the H&K pistol world. But prior to that ( early 80’s ) I had a few of their rifles so I knew and respected the brand. Now I am back in the brand and loving their experts in 9mm and 45acp.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My first is a VP40 purchased in 2018, my last is a USP 45 Expert purchased about a month ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So what HK pistol was you're first purchase. What made you decide to buy it and what platform were you using prior.

As most are aware there seems to be a HK phobia related to spending X amount of dollars for a polymer pistol. Were you in that camp.

Myself my first HK was. P7 grade A.

I never purchased any further HK's until I picked up a VP9.

Luckily my second purchase was a HK45T right when HK was offering their 200.00 rebate.
So what HK pistol was you're first purchase. What made you decide to buy it and what platform were you using prior.

As most are aware there seems to be a HK phobia related to spending X amount of dollars for a polymer pistol. Were you in that camp.

Myself my first HK was. P7 grade A.

I never purchased any further HK's until I picked up a VP9.

Luckily my second purchase was a HK45T right when HK was offering their 200.00 rebate.
UPSc 9mm
Wanted a quality handgun

441 - 459 of 459 Posts