HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be sending a USPc to Tripp for hard chroming and they say they do the internals of the slide, what exactly does this encompass? I was thinking if they do any replaceable parts that it might be worth while to buy extras and have them done as well so if I ever have to replace something I have it already plated.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
The slide and everything in the slide except for springs.

Going to hard chrome the barrel/slide stop too?

Just send the parts you want plated - keep the frame etc.
(Leave sights on, Virgil will put them back in place after the chrome is done)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slide and everything in the slide except for springs.

Going to hard chrome the barrel/slide stop too?

Just send the parts you want plated - keep the frame etc.
(Leave sights on, Virgil will put them back in place after the chrome is done)
He said he wanted the whole pistol when I talked to him today. Man, where could I get a list of parts if I wanted to have backups? I guess Travis at HK would be the best bet? That could get mighty expensive too.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats probably a better idea...Im trying to figure out what year they started using the new firing pin and firing pin block assembly so that I dont end up with one of those broken firing pins...I think its AF (2005).

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Not sure what date code the new FP/FPB were released...drop a note when you figure it out?

Thread w/pictures of my USPF .45 Cobra Chrome...pictures are not that good, the flash really washed out the color, the one from top...towards the rear of the slide is a pretty true color.
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52607

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what date code the new FP/FPB were released...drop a note when you figure it out?

Thread w/pictures of my USPF .45 Cobra Chrome...pictures are not that good, the flash really washed out the color, the one from top...towards the rear of the slide is a pretty true color.
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52607
Thats a nice looking gun. I was going to go stainless but I really wanted the slide stop and barrel done as well, so hard chrome was the way to go. I will call Travis tomorrow at HK tomorrow and ask him, I think before on here the conclusion was the AF release.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts