HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a CA89K (SP89 clone) being AOW'd so that I can add a foregrip. It comes from Cohaire with an ambi plastic FBI lower. I'd like to add a metal 3 position lower that is not ambi.

Anyone know the answer to these questions?

1) will the internals from my plastic FBI lower fit into the new metal 3 position lower (my guess is no)?

2) if not, what internals do I need and where can I get them?

Thanks,

Jake

·
Registered
112 Posts
No, the ambi stuff does not fit the 3 position SEF style lowers..

You can always trade it, as there are surely folks looking for the AMbi style that have SEF..

FOr anything parts related, you can always use Adam Weber and Gordon Miller, two of the best in the HK world.. Of course, look aroudn here to as they have come up for sale before...

UK

·
2,832 Posts
not sure but your guts from the CA ambi lower "may" fit the metal lowers, the CA guns trigger packs I "thought" were different(ie same as metal lower packs) than a real HK ambi pack.

if you measure the width of the trigger pack that might help to tell.

not sure why you want to use the metal lower, I much prefer the plastic(HK SEF or Ambi) but thats up to you.

·
Registered
152 Posts
not sure but your guts from the CA ambi lower "may" fit the metal lowers, the CA guns trigger packs I "thought" were different(ie same as metal lower packs) than a real HK ambi pack.

if you measure the width of the trigger pack that might help to tell.

not sure why you want to use the metal lower, I much prefer the plastic(HK SEF or Ambi) but thats up to you.
I think Landpimp is right...the cohaire ambi-ish grip frame is basically the same as the sef/metal grip frame. All you'd need to do is buy a metal SEF or regular sp89 housing.

PBR

·
Registered
886 Posts
You can get a complete SEF pack from robertrtg.com and have it converted to semi. Your ambi pack should sell fairly quickly, you probably will break even $ wise.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts