HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...between USP's that say USP on the handle and those that say HK USP ?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Real sure it has to do with when it was manufactured. Kinda like the laser etching or the actual stamping.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My take? Nothing, cept the mold they were made in.

I much prefer the older stamping, e.g HK USP. If one compares the eject side, the stampings look much cleaner. The only USPs that defy this are the Expert models - all the ones I've seen up to AG have the early stampings.

Like everything German - 1st generation release represents the better in terms of attention to detail. Look at the slide engravings on the USP or the early vs. current P7s. Sure, in subsequent generations functional improvements are made, but so are the profit margins. Matters little if we're talking about, guns, cars, motorbikes, machine tools, etc.

Just my experience...

·
Registered
472 Posts

I believe that ALL compact models carry the HK USP designater, while only certain full size models bear the USP logo by itself irregardless of the date code.

I could be wrong..but not bloody LIKELY!! LOL!

ARKAY

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know, I know, I know, Pick me, Pick me...

HK does it just to give us something to talk about. It's all a mind game. I have quite a (year) spread of models. A '93, '00, and '03 they all have HK USP on the grips. Two are 40 cal, and the 00 is a 45.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe that ALL compact models carry the HK USP designater, while only certain full size models bear the USP logo by itself irregardless of the date code.

I could be wrong..but not bloody LIKELY!! LOL!

ARKAY
My KF USPf .40 has HK USP on the left side and US pat. 5 308 815 on the right side

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes...

My KF USPf .40 has HK USP on the left side and US pat. 5 308 815 on the right side
That would make sense since I said that CERTAIN full size models bear only the USP logo. I know that it's often easy to misread a post.

Regards;

ARKAY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts