HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my MP5/40 vector/cohaire clone with the fake silencer today and took it out to the range . Love the way it shoots.
Now really want to sbr the gun . Can someone kind of guide me through the legal procedure .Any help is appreciated.
Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
First, make sure a SBR is legal in OR. After that, make sure you can get a CLEO signoff or own a company. If those two are good, then you'll need to file a Form 1 with the ATF. Send in your Form1 with supporting documents, and a $200 check. Wait, possibly for a long time. When your Form1 comes back, engrave your rifle with your name, and location, as stated on form1, if you haven't already done so during the wait. Go ahead and hack off the fake can, and enjoy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
First, make sure a SBR is legal in OR. After that, make sure you can get a CLEO signoff or own a company. If those two are good, then you'll need to file a Form 1 with the ATF. Send in your Form1 with supporting documents, and a $200 check. Wait, possibly for a long time. When your Form1 comes back, engrave your rifle with your name, and location, as stated on form1, if you haven't already done so during the wait. Go ahead and hack off the fake can, and enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the category of FWIW... the last Form 1 I sent in took 60 days to get approved, and that was over the T'giving and X-mas holidays.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
SBR is legal in Oregon. Depending on which county you live in there in Moscow on the Willamette, you may have a hard time getting CLEO signoff. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of this, I'm just familiar with the politics of Portland. Find a Class 3 dealer locally and ask them. If so, go the Corp/LLC route to skip them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure the Form 1 is generated so that both pages are on the same sheet of paper ( front and back )

I submitted Form 1 on 2 pieces of paper, took from 11 Nov until Mar to get it done.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Also, make sure you submit two (2) copies of the Form 1, along with the check.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To add...Don't forget the Certificate of Compliance .

I sent mine in March 24 2006(2 sheets not 1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif,my ignorance) and got it back last Monday with an error letter stating that I needed a Cert of Compliance(which the form was included in the ATFE mailing)and got it sent back on Tuesday.Today I recieved my Approved form 1 so WOOOHOO.MP5 here I come...

Ed

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
That cert. of compliance is not necessary for folks who are not FFL-holders, correct?

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
After hopeful form1 approval does the weapon hae to be engraved with my name and address?
Half the responders will tell you it must be marked with your name and address to .003" deep in somewhere that is always completely visible all the time. Those people like to put it on the spine, or on the curved sides of the receiver.

Half the responders will tell you it must be marked somewhere that can be made visible without tools, and will put it on the flat part of the receiver that is covered by the buttstock.

And a few people feel that if you're not a licensed FFL, the weapon's existing serial number are fine and you don't have to mark your name and address at all.

You will have to make up your own mind as to which you decide to do, there are people in both groups that have very strong feelings that their way is the right way.

Use the search function and you'll find plenty of threads on the matter.

·
Registered
630 Posts
it just isn't submitting a form 1 and a US citizenship form, you also have to provide duplicate of your fingerprints, as well as passport photos, if you are going the CLEO singature route.

If you go the TRUST route, it's just the Form 1s and the Citizenship forms and a copy of your TRUST and exhibit A of it. No photo, fingerprint, or CLEO signature

you can order all the froms from the ATF distrubution branch website, http://www.atf.gov/dcof/ takes about a week for the forms to get to you. The forms are not all that complicated to fill out, they pretty much are self explanitory

you will need to send the NFA branch

2- form 1s -----F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

2- US citizenship form ------- F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)

2- Fingerprints---------FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI WVATF0100

1 - 13 of 13 Posts