HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
History...... in the past I thought that I had experienced a Hammer Follow problem with my HK45c I would be firing in SA and then for some reason the hammer did not stay back and I would get a heavy DA trigger pull so I thought that I might be riding the safety and decocking the pistol.

To isolate the problem I installed the detent plate to make it a operate as a safety only with no decocker function well yesterday in a match once again I experienced a hammer follow and a DA trigger in the middle of a stage.

What might be causing this problem ?

I am the original owner of this pistol and round count is approx. 2800 it has always been cleaned and maintained meticulously by me including just before this match.

Thanks in advance for any advice on diagnosing this problem

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Up to the point of you adding the detent plate, I would have suggested the idea of the possibility of your thumb decocking during recoil. Given your detent replacement, that isn't the case. At this point, I would not recommend second guessing this and contacting HK and send it back for a full inspection. Something isn't right and the time it takes to "what if" is far greater than simply contacting HKI an returning under and RMA.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Up to the point of you adding the detent plate, I would have suggested the idea of the possibility of your thumb decocking during recoil. Given your detent replacement, that isn't the case. At this point, I would not recommend second guessing this and contacting HK and send it back for a full inspection. Something isn't right and the time it takes to "what if" is far greater than simply contacting HKI an returning under and RMA.
This^

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Make sure your sear spring (two fingers leaf spring) is not broken/missing/not properly installed/bent.

Looks like your sear is not "catching" hammer sometimes. It works under pressure from leaf spring - if there is no pressure or pressure is too small it can cause this problem. Did you have any form of trigger job preformed on your pistol?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Any possibility that the previous owner had some work / did some home gunsmithing on this pistol?

I second the motion of sending it back to HK for a diagnosis. Get it a clean bill of health and carry on.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have owned this pistol since NEW and have not had any trigger work done nor have I done any work on it,like I said earlier it has happened before several hundred rounds ago that is why I changed out the detent plate to isolate the problem. Thanks for the advice on the flat sear spring possibility I will take a close look at it.... the only thing I could think is that I might have tweaked the spring while cleaning otherwise ?
I guess she might be making the trip to HK

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If the pistol was completely stripped during cleaning there's a likelihood of a mis-assembly. Few HK shooters have even seen the "flat spring."

-- Chuck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmmmm. I've had my 45C since 2007 and its been flawless. Guess I'm just lucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts