HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post a while back that there have been some problems recently. The vast majority of owners are very satisfied but I just want to get opinions before I have one built.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Celt

·
Registered
732 Posts
In comparison to the PTR91, which is a whole different caliber, I'd say that the receiver is lacking in structural integrity. It is an accurate little rifle. I had several issues in fit and function.

1) original buttstock pinched off back of receiver leading to bolt not cycling.
2) paddle mag release was stuck and would not move.
3) receiver out of spec, would not use ANY scope mount.
4) trigger/hand grip slid fore and aft.
5) forend not snug on rifle.
6) trigger was godawful.
7) magazines are made of unobtanium these days.

Other than these few issues, all of which have been rectified, it is a good rifle.

The receiver doesn't seem to be made of the same quality of steel or hardened to the same specs as is the PTR91 receiver.

I like the rifle, but it has taken several months, much experimentation and modification to make it "right." I believe it should have been "right" out of the box.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Probably not much of a comparison but my 33k was built on a Vector receiver. I've had no problems with it but for one. I'm using a metal butt stock plate and it fits VERY tight. I've not tried a scope mount on it and don't intend to as it's strickly an open sight gun. The other potential problems are a non-issue with this one as it was built by IGF.
A great shooter!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts