HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. It seems to be a hole that leads to nowhere. (hole in frame to the right of the red arrow).

·
Registered
392 Posts
You've done it now....you're not supposed to lift that lever to expose the hole.

You've let the spirit of the HK out---now it will never be the same.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've done it now....you're not supposed to lift that lever to expose the hole.

You've let the spirit of the HK out---now it will never be the same.
No, that's only true if you do it in Hungary contingent upon a full moon. I take it you don't have an answer for me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is where the retaining pin for the magazine disconnect goes.
Thanks Doby. When I look inside it seems like there is nothing in there but an empty hole. (?)

I take that back. If I shine a flashlight from the inside of the frame into the hole, I can see what appears to be the edge of a roll pin. It's really hard to get a fix on it. Then again, I could be hallucinating. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
The mag. diconnect is an additional peice of metal that "see-saws" on the retaining pin and a spring goes between the trigger bar and the mag. disconnect lever. The hole would be filled up with the retaining pin if you had the mag. disconnect installed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doby, thank you. Now it all makes sense. Much appreciated. I thought at first maybe something fell out but then we're talking HK not Keltec. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Glad to help, I don't like mag disconnects personally. Took the feature out of my S&W 4006 when I bought it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts