HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a USP full size that has no safety there is just a decocker called technically...Is it a DA/SA? I`m not familiar with HK `s terminology...Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
What is a USP full size that has no safety there is just a decocker called technically...Is it a DA/SA? I`m not familiar with HK `s terminology...Thanks Jim
Not a lot go on here but I would say you're describing a V3.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for so little info I`m new to HK`s...I have a USP that I`ve owned for a long time but never shot it...Decided to use it and love it...it has no safety and lever is on the left side

I have read many threads about all the variants but was confused as to what I had...I have just googled it and Wikipedia gave all the variants and as you have just said it is a V3....

I don`t carry because like you I live in Illinois...If in the event I wished to change to a light DAO...Could that modification be easily done to my gun and if so who might do it.... Thanks Jim?

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
If you could post a few pictures it would help us, but it is good to hear that you love your USP, tends to happen once you shoot one.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Control lever with decocking only, (no safety) on the left side of the frame (for right handed shooter) is V3.

If the lever were on the other side, it would be a V4. Right handed variants are odd numbers and left handed variants are even.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The information you seek is available on the HK-USA website under "Products." The description of most models, including the USPs, ends with a detailed list of "versions."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts