HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like HK sears have been droping in price the last few months. I have seen a brand new Qualified sear in a SEF pack for $12500.00 & there have been used ones popping up for as little as $12000.00 / Is it just that time of year , the economy or is it possibly a combination of both?????????????? Or is it the 50 sears that might hit the market???????????

·
Registered
200 Posts
1st time since 1986, that I've seen NFA items DROP in price.
I think they have hit the limit that people are willing to pay for these toys.
It's about time!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have also seen some nice M60s and M2s for less than normal as well.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
1st time since 1986, that I've seen NFA items DROP in price.
I think they have hit the limit that people are willing to pay for these toys.
It's about time!
In any economy, supply & demand sets the price... it's economics 101.

Would be a great movement if all HK owners refused purchase of sears, thus dropping demand till prices came down to earth.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That would prevent a catch 22 for sear owners.They could also get together and not sell for less thus raising the price by controlling supply.A free market society is best left alone an dlet the market dictate values.That goes for everything out there.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I would give anything to have been old enough for the $400 sear days.

If any of you current sear owners are feeling benevolent...

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
That would prevent a catch 22 for sear owners.They could also get together and not sell for less thus raising the price by controlling supply.A free market society is best left alone an dlet the market dictate values.That goes for everything out there.
Markets, however, are ultimately controlled by a balance of both. A market left unchecked by demand eventually becomes a monopoly controlled by supply.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Perhaps the current economy and uncertainty about it are reducing the demand for sears.

I just purchased one (not in my posession yet), a Fleming in a trigger pack for $12,500.

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
I truly expect to see them at under 10K in the future, stabilize then begin to appreciate again.
God Bless,
Pyro Mike
Not an economist but stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Perhaps the current economy and uncertainty about it are reducing the demand for sears.

I just purchased one (not in my posession yet), a Fleming in a trigger pack for $12,500.
+1 The economy and the housing market are having a direct effect on the class III market. Home equity lines and refinancing options are disappearing. We are seeing the affect of ARM, interest only, "creative financing" mortgage loans, taking a toll across the nation. Construction is coming to a stand still in many places which has a ripple effect with business throughout the community. Add 50 sears into the market and more and more options for "toys" in the firearm world.... Well...

Yes, all of the above may not make much of a difference to the ultra-wealthy...but many class III owners are everyday middle class people and the problems listed above are creating financial cut backs......

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
+1 The economy and the housing market are having a direct effect on the class III market. Home equity lines and refinancing options are disappearing. We are seeing the affect of ARM, interest only, "creative financing" mortgage loans, taking a toll across the nation. Construction is coming to a stand still in many places which has a ripple effect with business throughout the community. Add 50 sears into the market and more and more options for "toys" in the firearm world.... Well...

Yes, all of the above may not make much of a difference to the ultra-wealthy...but many class III owners are everyday middle class people and the problems listed above are creating financial cut backs......
I would never have thought that the housing market, nor the 50 sears deal would have had that much of an effect, but I believe you may very well be correct.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not an economist but stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Does your wife know were you were last night??? lol

Hope your prediction is correct, I would love to pick up a sear for 10k in the near future.
Oh, does rust hurt the resale of a sear???

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would never have thought that the housing market, nor the 50 sears deal would have had that much of an effect, but I believe you may very well be correct.
As far as just looking at the sear release as a whole and not looking at any other factors......It may be like the DOJ release which brought down prices temporarily....but eventually worked their way back up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So what ever happened to the ORF 50 sear deal? I never heard if it ever actually happened. Creditable information would be greatly appreciated…

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
So what ever happened to the ORF 50 sear deal? I never heard if it ever actually happened. Creditable information would be greatly appreciated…
The latest word is that they had all the positions spoken for and are currently working out the details. But I have not heard anything yet myself.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts