HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my stamp back and was able to pick up my MP5 from my dealer. It is a Vollmer converted HK94 with a Fleming sear. I had read that Vollmer was unique in that he actually put a correct MP5 barrel instead of cutting down the 94 barrel and threading it. I also read that for some guns he used Turkish contract barrels when he could not get factory ones. I was looking over the barrel last night and I cannot find one marking anywhere on it. I would think if it were a factory barrel it would have the date stamp on it either a 94 or MP5 barrel. Did the Turkish barrels not have markings? What else could it be? Not a big deal just curious what I have. I will take pictures of the gun this weekend and put them in the gallery but attached is a quick shot I made.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Genuine HK barrels I have seen are nitro proofed (the cool eagle symbol) and have a pair of letter codes on them. The Turkish contract barrel I had (I believe it was Turkish) wasn't marked. Heavy finish can obscure markings, but you would have to put it on pretty thick to cover up all the marks on an HK barrel I think.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea for sure I don't have the nitro proof or date code on the barrel. Must be a contract barrel. I will see how it shoots this weekend:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts