HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it was ground down a bit. Mine has poor timing and won't work in Full Auto. My dealer has one that is ground less and works fine in my gun in FA.

Wanted to try and buy a replacement from Vector but they told me they didn't sell replacement parts and told me to go to HKParts.net. Well that would be fine but Adam doesn't sell V51 LPs as far as I can see.

Any other options?

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I have a #18 on order and some -2 rollers. I also have some of the standard ones from G3 kits. I put one of these in the gun last night and it seemed to fit well. But it did indeed give me a slightly larger bolt gap.

I also have #3 and #15 LPs that I typically use in my V53 and CA53AR guns. So I guess I have a few options to try out this weekend.

Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
466 Posts
much ummph lost with the short barrel, that 15 has worked for all of calibers(.223,x39mm, and .308, dont have a 9mm) in the 9" platform for me, keep us posted on results

·
Registered
367 Posts
Another issue with Vector and their ground up LP's!!!! I have been through this too. They used a ground down #8 in my 53K, been back to them twice so they can do nothing and return it. Just got my real #15 yesterday, waiting to put it in and try it out!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Another issue with Vector and their ground up LP's!!!! I have been through this too. They used a ground down #8 in my 53K, been back to them twice so they can do nothing and return it. Just got my real #15 yesterday, waiting to put it in and try it out!!
I'm not sure what they expect to accomplish with grinding the shoulders of the LP . The timing is with the locking lug on the locking piece. I guess in the end it works out for a better bolt gap for us though. It's like pressing the barrel with -4 rollers I suppose.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I tried it Friday night with a standard G3 LP that I got from a kit. Not sure what exactly that one is. But I have three of them and they are all identical, but with different numbers etched on them.

Anyway, it almost worked. But not quite. I got several three shot bursts at times and then other times it would fail at about 2-3 rounds. The failure is simple. It is chambering a round, but has a dead hammer. So the hammer is apparently slamming forward too early. But just barely.

I didn't measure the bolt gap with the standard G3 LP but it looked larger than normal. Maybe I need to check it again and make sure that this "dead hammer" problem isn't actually a light primer strike from an enlarged bold gap. I have some -2 rollers on the way so I'll try them out with the G3K LP when they arrive.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the 50 deg. LP in from Adam, along with the -2 rollers. Installed the new RCM LP and measured the bolt gap. Right at .026. So I installed the -2 rollers and it went down to about .023. Close enough, so off to the range...

Still got the dead hammer with Wolf and Tula ammo, but the South African ammo worked perfectly. Not sure what the difference is but I have the same problem with my HK91 when using the sear in it.

I might try to get some -4 rollers. Other than that, maybe I'll just have to stick with shooting quality brass cased ammo in FA.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Dawg... do you have a retimed hammer in that thing? It might help. And another thing to check is the shelf height. Can you squeeze the lower up any higher? Could be the sear trip isn't getting pushed down enough. In severe cases, that's enough to not allow the gun to fire at all.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dawg... do you have a retimed hammer in that thing? It might help. And another thing to check is the shelf height. Can you squeeze the lower up any higher? Could be the sear trip isn't getting pushed down enough. In severe cases, that's enough to not allow the gun to fire at all.
Yep, retired hammer. I'll have to take a look at the grip fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts