HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting clone mp5 or 51/53 haven't figured out which one yet. But I hate the look of the "A1" but cap that they come with. And while I wait for the form 1 to SBR it.

Can I take a A3 stock remove the rails and install it? Is now its just a cap?

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I'm looking at getting clone mp5 or 51/53 haven't figured out which one yet. But I hate the look of the "A1" but cap that they come with. And while I wait for the form 1 to SBR it.

Can I take a A3 stock remove the rails and install it? Is now its just a cap?
Since it's not anything you could use to shoulder it as you would a rifle, I don't see why not. But do you think the A3 cap will look better than the normal pistol cap?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, with the CA89's looking like they cut up an A2. And having seen the plastic ones that Vector send with there 51/53 crack on the range.

Since I have an extra A3 stock from a demil parts kit.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I just want one that will not break before I get it SBR'd and doesn't look like ****. For the price of even a clone. Whats wrong with wanting it to have nice smooth look. Not a hack job.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
If you possess all the parts to make it a functional butt stock but do not have any other rifle the butt stock will attach to, then putting that end cap on your pistol will make it an illegal SBR, even if the butt plate part is not attached. If you have other weapons that the butt plate part will attach to then you are OK but if you ONLY own the pistol and the butt stock that attaches to the end cap, installed or not you are in possession of an illegal SBR-constructional intent.
To stay legal you should not put that end cap on until the SBR papers come back or destroy the butt plate part. If you had a friend store the butt plate part in a place you do not have ready access to that would be OK too, then when the SBR papers come back you can legally take possession of the butt plate part.

·
Registered
611 Posts
go to riflestocks.com and get an endcap from them for an MP5. It wil give you nice end and in the future you can install a swivel arm for a stock if you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts