HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
navy seals have the hk45c tactical v3 (decock only) with 10rd elephant foot mags in their inventory.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
US Ranger's got to play with it during their "top ranger" thing they do. (or whatever it is called) They loved it, but I don't think anyone but the SEALS, and maybe DELTA or GB's get them. But for sure the only people that have them are the SEALS with their MK24 setup.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm asking about the fs HK45, not the c or CT models. Too much press for me to be unaware of what's going on w/ the HK45c(T). But I appreciate the answers anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Gastonia PD in NC did carry the USP full size .45 back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Not sure if they still are today.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In other words, the HK45 is a counterexample to the frequent assertion that HK doesn't do anything to introduce or change a product unless there is a significant buyer. The HK45(c) programs were done for a prospective US military shootoff that didn't happen at the end of the day.

Oh, well, HK45 fs owners seem to like theirs a lot.

·
Registered
765 Posts
In other words, the HK45 is a counterexample to the frequent assertion that HK doesn't do anything to introduce or change a product unless there is a significant buyer. The HK45(c) programs were done for a prospective US military shootoff that didn't happen at the end of the day.

Oh, well, HK45 fs owners seem to like theirs a lot.
I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the HK45 was originally developed for JCP competition that ended up not taking place. The HK45c came later.

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is an article on the same subject listed on the UKUSA website newsroom. Five articles in magazines on the MR556 and the HK45c.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's a shame as I love my HK45... and my HK45c.

I think since the JCP was scrapped pistols went back to being what they were, sidearms. So size, weight, etc fell back into play so the HK45c beats out the HK45 in that respect.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I know that the North Providence Police department in Rhode Island carries HK USP 45's as a department issue. They have had them for probably 10 years or maybe even less.

·
Registered
571 Posts
There are a number of agencies, departments and Sheriff's offices that either issue, have issued, or have on their approved weapons list the USP, but I believe the OP is specifically referring to the latest HK45 model.

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
It is approved at my agency (I made that happen), several of us carry them as our primary. Ive tried to get my dept to ourchase & issue it, but the price point kills it everytime. There is one agency in NJ that issue them, one of the officers from there posts here pretty regularly. I believe they were the ones who pushed Safariland o offer the 6280 for the HK45, but I could be wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts