HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched high and low and there doesnt seem to be a definative answer to this, what exactly do I need to mill on a UMP bolt to fit a USC? :)

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
If you are doing a USC/UMP conversion in .45 cal., I do not think there is any milling of the bolt involved. In .40 S&W the bolt is too wide for want of a better term to fit in the USC receiver. I've found Jeff at Tactical Excelence to be helpful when we were putting my USC/UMP conversion together. I know he has done the bolt milling on the .40 S&W bolts.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm likely doing a 9mm conversion so I was just curious as to what I had to mill :) anyone perhaps have pictures of the milled area? :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check TE's site for pics, there is a slot in the blot face on .45, but I'd don't think the 9mm has the slot. Effectively, I think the bolt face must match the barrel. Jeff

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that part I knew, there is something that keeps the UMP bolt from fitting into the reciever itself thats the part I cant see from the pictures :) Just like to have a heads up before my 9mm parts show up :D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The underside of the UMP45 B/C needs to be shaved in order to fit into the USC receiver. I am not sure how much, I have not done it yet, but I have the parts so I know what the problem is that prevents it from fitting.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
So.. anyone figure this one out yet?
I'm getting a USC this week (I hope!) and a .40 kit soon after. I'll probably just have the bolt milled where I buy the kit, but I'm not sure.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
So.. anyone figure this one out yet?
I'm getting a USC this week (I hope!) and a .40 kit soon after. I'll probably just have the bolt milled where I buy the kit, but I'm not sure.
I have a completely reverse-engineered 9mm bolt cad model that already was cut to fit. The only problem is that I borrowed it, so don't know which surface was cut. But I can take measurements on my cad model and compare to unmodified ones if you can make measurements.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have a completely reverse-engineered 9mm bolt cad model that already was cut to fit. The only problem is that I borrowed it, so don't know which surface was cut. But I can take measurements on my cad model and compare to unmodified ones if you can make measurements.
Thanks, the catch 22 of that is that I'll be buying the .40 kit and it would only make sense for me to either have the parts shop machine the bolt for me or for me to talk to a neighbor who is a machinist to see if it's something he could do for his typical case of cold beer exchange. Oh well, it's only a hundred or so for them to do it! GEBEBPRS might be pming you about that cad drawing, I was going to see if I could draw one up myself.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts

Hey Chris (GTPprix) getting the itch again.... I think the amount machined off is .43 or .48 . Here is a picture of 2 bolts noticed that there is two machined areas. The center is standard. The top ledge is the area that is machined.

AviatorDave I will be PM you shortly.

Thanks
Glenn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts