HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really drooling over the VP9 OR! Anyone that has one, what optic are you running? I'm assuming that there will be a plate for the new ACRO P-2 eventually if there isn't already. The 509T also seems like a solid choice. FWIW I think that optics will be the norm/default for handguns before too long.

·
Registered
388 Posts
subbing out of curiosity

I have a VP9 SK and not sure if there is an optics ready version slide

·
Registered
55 Posts
Trijicon RMR and XS supressor height sights. Got the HK Parts steel #2 plate. This setup is perfect. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow morning.

·
Some gun guy
282 Posts
509T on a CHPWS plate.

Ran an RMR first on a milled slide. Then got the 509T on the RMR adapter plate on that milled slide. Then got an OR slide and a CHPWS plate. So far, it's the best setup I've used yet.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Delta Point Pro

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, all. If I get a new VP9 I'll probably sell my old/original one. It's a great gun for sure but I'm eagerly awaiting the new ACRO-P2. Hopefully HK will do OR versions of all their sidearms eventually.

Reactions: tswelsh

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
SRO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
145 Posts
FWIW, I just installed the H&K Comp Tracker (a PMM made part) on one of my RMR equipped VP9 optic ready’s. For those who don’t want a comp, but want a longer iron radius, they do a sight tracker version with no comp port which extends the sight radius to about the same level as the long slides. Mounts like a muzzle device on an HK threaded VP9 barrel. Even with the price of the barrel factored in, you’re still ahead (In terms of cost difference, about $150) with this device, compared to the cost of the long slide.

·
Registered
VP9
43 Posts
Trijicon RMR 3.5 moa with suppressor height sight as co-witness mounted on Plate#2.

·
Registered
31 Posts
FWIW I think that optics will be the norm/default for handguns before too long.
I’m picking up my first H&K this week and it happens to be a VP9. Haven’t gave much thought to an optic...yet. However two Saturdays ago while at the outdoor range I took a look around and I was the only one on the firing line without an optic on my handgun. If it’s just a passing fad - it’s pretty vibrant.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Vortex Venom

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have an RMR on my standard VP9 and a I have a (RMR Knock-off) Holosun HE508T. Don't really notice the difference between the dots on them. Really like both mucho. The long slide shoots softer obviously.

PB

1 - 20 of 42 Posts