HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been trying to find a good mount and optic for a HK53 variant in a .223 with collapsing stock. I tried my ACOG T31 and the eye relief is too far forward. I have Aimpoints M2/ML3 and Micro T1s. I have Eotechs, J point, Burris XTS and a ACOG. Can I see pics of these and other optics mounted on this type of gun. I need a mount and don't know witch to use co-witnessing is not a requirement. I like the MFI low mount but what scope with it? I tried this B&T and its not going to work! Thanks Colt

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The B&T fits fine but its not excepting of most optics....................I like the one suggested above!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
The universal mount should even work with the Eotech (I have not tried), however, one can not really get the optics low enough to co-witness ... so at times your face weld is a little high / light (can go with a SG1 stock if you really wish ;-).

Only issue is matching the height of the rings, optics and mount so the red dot does not line up with the top of your front sight ring (in the old days some of the guys would cut this off .. ).

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the B&T 21262 on my HK53 with an EOTECH. Works great with either the A2 or the late style A3 for the HK53 (butt pad curves out and has eye loop ). The top picture that you have is a B&T 10266 ( and Aimpoint 10266). It only fits an MP5 with an Aimpoint and is specifically made to co witness with that optic and gun. I've had one for years and anyone who shoots it loves it. I prefer the A2 stock as it raises the MP5 up a little.

·
Registered
366 Posts
To guote myself from another thread...

Well, you may consider this airsoft junk but it has served me well.

A pic of it on my rifle.

It is made by G&G and sells for $45. There are three different lengths available with different prices. The one I use is the "long" model. I have it mounted on my V93 with an Aimpoint clone. I have over 1000+ rounds through this setup so far with no change of bullet impact and no problems what so ever. I don't know how well it would be for a heavy hipower scope but for an Aimpoint/EOtech type it is more than capable.

The big question, would I buy I buy another one? Without hesitation, yes I would. (The one I have was included with the rifle when I bought it.)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a good Idea I haven't looked at the Airsoft stuff in a while. I like browsing
www.uncompany.com go to accessories (on left side) and then scroll down to scope mount base. Lots of cool stuff.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You can buy the one I use from AirsoftExtreme for $40.50 right now.

I know a lot of people look down on airsoft stuff but some of it is really good quality like this G&G mount. Just because it doesn't say <insert name brand here> definately does'nt mean it's junk.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
HK 53 with optics mount...

Go with the B&T mount for your optics...

Very nice strong even fit...

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
The B&T 212621 works great with just about anything you want to put on there. I used to have this Helsoldt Z-power on mine before realizing that I liked it without an optical sight better;

Now the B&T sits on my HK33E;

It's a solid mount that doesn't make too many marks when installed. I also use some thin closed cell foam under the mount 'tangs' to be sure it is rock solid and doesn't have any fore/aft movement that will increase the claw marks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts