HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: What pistol does Tom Cruise use in \'Collateral

After reading this post yesterday, I watched the movie again. It is IWB. YOu can see it when MAX crash the Cab on downtown LA. when the cab was upside down, vincent found out his pistol is missing from holster.

When that spot comes on, pause it and see it. It may be bladetech iwb. not sure which iwb it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Don't know about Cruise... I am 5-10 and conceal a full-size USP .45 in my C.T.A.C. IWB holster (made by Comp-Tac) with no problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I finally went and rented that movie. It's pretty good. Vincent is very confident with his USP45.
Finally, I understand getdown_hker's signature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,096 Posts

"I wish i could be a movie star and learn cool stuff like that"

Who says you have to be a movie star? Just come to one of my classes.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
52 Posts

when I saw the movie last year, I think I was the only one in the theater laughing at the scene where Foxx trashes the cab and Tom reaches his holster without belt and says 'that was a godd idea', thinking that he should have worn a belt.

·
Registered
238 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
"I wish i could be a movie star and learn cool stuff like that"

Who says you have to be a movie star? Just come to one of my classes.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you at? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G

·

I've been on the hunt for the holster as well. It's gotta be custom made for the movie as NO ONE has found it yet. I even considered it might be an OWB holster that is reversed and shoved in his waist band. I'm guessing they made it with a magnet on the clip to paddle or it's screwed through his pants. I don't want one to wear without a belt, I just like the beefy look of that clip.

I've searched far and wide and even sent out emails to different holster companies with no luck in who made it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
End Scene: Stolen guard's S&W (possibly a 4506 or other varient)

That's the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was either a 5906 or 4006, judging by the size.

·
Registered
1 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
End Scene: Stolen guard's S&W (possibly a 4506 or other varient)

That's the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was either a 5906 or 4006, judging by the size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mann makes a big point of saying that it was a .45 in the DVD extras

G

·

[ QUOTE ]
Any takers ?

[/ QUOTE ]

*UPDATE*

I think I've looked at every Kydex holster made now lol!

The Comptac "Undercover Pro" or Bladetech's "UCH" holster is about as close as you can get for the USP .45 FS. BladeTech's is only made for the compact models but they said they can make one custom. I have the Undercover, and it's a solid no BS holster. You still gotta wear a belt though, unless you screw through your pants or take it off between shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

·

Probably didn't need a belt due to the bad-arse Sansabelt slacks he was wearing! Seriously, though, someone on another board noticed the Sansabelt slacks. Apparently, they use an inner rubber band set-up so a belt isn't needed...

--dan

·
Registered
3 Posts

Mr. Tom Cruise was specialy trained on handgun handle and firing technics by Mr. Scott Reitz, for better and realistic results on the movie. Mr. Scott Reitz is the co-founder and head instructor of ITTS. Please feel free to check the following links: ITTS and Mr. Scott Reitz

I had the great opportunity to be trained by Mr. Scott Reitz during last June and I had to say that he is one of the kind. A REAL pro! Here's a picture:

·
Registered
25 Posts

Man you almost look like Jack Nicholson..hehe. You could probably be a stunt double for him atleast, u should go for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I think Nick is the other guy. Scott is an ITT instructor, which would explain the shirt he is wearing.
But I do agree Scott could have stunt-doubled as the Joker in Batman during the hard-core scenes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

·
Registered
25 Posts

LOL... my mistake.. but yeah the instructor looks like Nicholson.

·
Registered
2 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend it, I love his disarm double tap then triple tap early in the movie. I wish I could be cool like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice, practice, and more practice, and you can be. (At least that's what I'm hoping for myself, and also hoping I never have to be that cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )

·
Registered
1 Posts

"when I saw the movie last year, I think I was the only one in the theater laughing at the scene where Foxx trashes the cab and Tom reaches his holster without belt and says 'that was a good idea', thinking that he should have worn a belt." - HKorea

I'm pretty sure hes reffering to the seat belt...right before he says that Max asks him why he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

And by chance, this Scott guy kind of looks like the super tactical, ex-mil, ex-leo, *******, character in the new Dawn Of The Dead dvd extra...is he the same cat?

21 - 40 of 153 Posts