HKPRO Forums banner
41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: What pistol does Tom Cruise use in \'Collateral

Tom Cruise was, in fact, trained by Michael '****' Gould, a former member of the SAS, over a three month period.

**** worked with Michael Mann before on Heat and his filmography also includes Ronin.

Tom Cruise referred to his training with **** in several interviews and reference to him is also included in the production notes for Collateral.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

And by chance, this Scott guy kind of looks like the super tactical, ex-mil, ex-leo, *******, character in the new Dawn Of The Dead dvd extra...is he the same cat?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Scott Reitz in the photograph here is indeed the same individual that appeared in the Dawn of the Dead extras.

G

·
Re: What pistol does Tom Cruise use in \'Collateral\'

The guns that Vincent (Tom Cruise) carries are a Heckler and Koch (HK) USP .45. Vincent didn't use a silenced USP Tactical or Mk.23 SOCOM as was previously suggested. The silenced pistol was a .22 Long Rifle caliber Ruger Mk II or Mk III with the upper receiver and barrel replaced with a custom integral silencer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369339/trivia

·
Registered
10 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
The guns that Vincent (Tom Cruise) carries are a Heckler and Koch (HK) USP .45. Vincent didn't use a silenced USP Tactical or Mk.23 SOCOM as was previously suggested. The silenced pistol was a .22 Long Rifle caliber Ruger Mk II or Mk III with the upper receiver and barrel replaced with a custom integral silencer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a sweet section, I always wondered what type of sunglasses he had. Now all we need to know is what holster he used!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: What pistol does Tom Cruise use in \'Collateral\'

Somebody said on the first page of posts that the gun he used in the jazz club had a silencer. i think that this was not the USP-45 that he used to kill everyone else. to me, it looked like a small silenced .22 pistol used in World War two. The HDMS .22, I believe that is its name.

·
Registered
60 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a sweet section, I always wondered what type of sunglasses he had. Now all we need to know is what holster he used!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was previously identified in another thread as a blade-tech.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I know this isn't the same holster used in the movie, but has anyone checked out the "Skyops" holster from Galco? Looks very cool and somewhat similar.

Check it out: HERE

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought we could use some pics of the HK:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is that a correct stance to be holding a pistol? Right arm straight, support arm bent?

I've shot both ways but I've never taken a class (yet) so I'm not sure...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is that a correct stance to be holding a pistol? Right arm straight, support arm bent?

The strong arm straight, support arm bent, is a modified Weaver stance that kinda blends isoceles and Weaver. I like it but shoot more isoceles these days.

BTW the guard's gun was a Smith & Wesson 659. 2nd-Gen SW auto in 9mm. I own one of these. I couldn't tell if it was a .40 or a 9mm and then I saw the follower from the empty mag in the metrorail - it's orange, which is used for the 9mm. Blue is for .40. (Don't know which is for .45).

·
Registered
238 Posts
The strong arm straight, support arm bent, is a modified Weaver stance that kinda blends isoceles and Weaver. I like it but shoot more isoceles these days.

BTW the guard's gun was a Smith & Wesson 659. 2nd-Gen SW auto in 9mm. I own one of these. I couldn't tell if it was a .40 or a 9mm and then I saw the follower from the empty mag in the metrorail - it's orange, which is used for the 9mm. Blue is for .40. (Don't know which is for .45).
Gotta link to the different stances?

G

·
Don't know about Cruise... I am 5-10 and conceal a full-size USP .45 in my C.T.A.C. IWB holster (made by Comp-Tac) with no problems.
Do you know if that same holster (.45uspFS) will work with a fullsize 45 tactical? Or do the raised sights and longer barell get in the way? I have a tac, and I am getting a CCL when I get home, and was wondering if I could carry it in an IWB holster..because its what I shoot best with and am very comfortable with. I'm sure I could conceal it, im 6 2 and 215. Thanks to anyone who can answer this question.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts

Modified Weaver is very similar. Also, when you shoot on the move and do the "groucho walk" it looks like this too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Movie mess-up when Vincent (Scientologist Cruise) is running over the walkway after chasing the other actor out of the hospital you see a two mag holster for the H&K but never see it any other time throughout the movie. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Movie mess-up when Vincent (Scientologist Cruise) is running over the walkway after chasing the other actor out of the hospital you see a two mag holster for the H&K but never see it any other time throughout the movie. :)
Actually, it's visible a couple other times. You see it when he draws his USP to kill the two homies who take his briefcase, and then when he speed-reloads in the club scene.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you know if that same holster (.45uspFS) will work with a fullsize 45 tactical? Or do the raised sights and longer barell get in the way? I have a tac, and I am getting a CCL when I get home, and was wondering if I could carry it in an IWB holster..because its what I shoot best with and am very comfortable with. I'm sure I could conceal it, im 6 2 and 215. Thanks to anyone who can answer this question.
yes, you can conceal the tactical. i do, and i'm 6 feet, and 165. however, you will need a holster that accomodates the higher sights. you don't have to account for the longer barrel unless you don't want the extended portion sticking out the bottom holster opening.

i have switched the adjustable sights for fixed meprolights to prevent snagging and eliminate the possibilty fo the sights being knocked out of adjustment. i'd suggest you do the same if you plan to carry the tactical.

i use a blade tech iwb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~roninweb/hk/tac_ccw.jpg

41 - 60 of 153 Posts