HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
San Bernardino CA Police issues the USP 45, and I think the USP 9mm is also authorized, but not as widely used. They partner the Remington 230 Grain Golden Saber with this weapon.

I think Cal State San Bernardino University PD also issues this weapon, many local agencies establish a list from where the officers can choose if they don't issue a standardized weapon, and especially if they're a small department.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Most departments here in Florida issue duty weapons, but allow officers to use their own as long as they meet the department standards. Includes both pistols and assault rifles.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's not Joisey, but the University of Pennsylvania Police Department authorizes every H&K pistol in 9mm, .40S&W, .45 ACP and .357 SIG.

Our long guns are Colt M4s, but you never know... a 416 may yet pop up :14000000:

·
Registered
281 Posts
DTHEMAN....your right! That's why I carry my M13 or Expert depending on the day lol It's a nice feeling knowing you can carry what ever you want basically...comfort is a good thing!

Most guys on the road carry M4's...but they are even gonna open that I think soon to a much bigger variety of options..sig 556...or any 223 / comp rifle.

We finally get to shoot back!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Illinois State University authorizes Sig P220's in addition to HK USPc. I believe the USPc the officer I was talking to was a 9mm. I am willing to bet that they allow them in .40 S&W as well as .45 ACP since they allow the P220.

·
Registered
381 Posts
When you say duty weapon, do you just mean pistols? I ask as I dont consider the rifles and SMGs typical duty weapons. And this is in the pistol section.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.