HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the ATI 94K's en route and now want a small red dot scope. Any suggestions that won't cost more than the gun? I already have Aimpoints & an eotech on some AR's.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Do you require a cowitness?

I did, so I used a B&T 10266 mount, as it's the only one low enough to get the cowitness.

On all of my fullsize guns I used an aimpoint low wide ring and the aimpoint clone that was nearest to my reach. So far I'm really happy with the offerings from primary arms, as well as the SPOT red dot.

On my latest acquisition kgun, I used the 10266 again, and ended up with an aimpoint micro clone, again from primary arms.

They aren't quite legit aimpoints, but for my range use and general fun gun, they work better than I could ever want.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
You might want to check out the Docter red dots CDNN is selling, they are 1/2 ounce, run on the cheap lithium wafer batteries and they are made in Germany.. @ $250

There is a winged protection base mount too

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got the Sightmark Ultrashot Digital with quick detach mount on my AR. Holds zero very well and only cost $100 from Academy. Looks like a reversed EOtech. If you check one out make sure it's the one with the digital on/off button instead of the rotary switch. The digital is the newer model. Make sure to check out the Vortex SPARC too. Little more pricey in the $200+ range.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Check out the Vortex Sparc. I have had one on my UMP postie, my demo D54P-N and it's now on my Colt LE carbine. Retail is $199 but you can find them for around $179 I think. It comes with a 2x screw-on magnifiyer, bikini covers, several riser blocks and is NV capable. With the MFI low-profile mount, it will give a 1/3 co-witness with the dioper-style rear sight with the dot falling right at the 12 o'clock position on the front sight ring. The ony thing I do not like about it is the power switch. It is on the left side and often gets turned on when put in the range bag. I have given-in to the fact that I have to remove the battery now each time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
B&T mount run alone about $110

NcStar mp5 Red Dot run less than $50 on eBay and have used it on my c93 and dose co-witness to Iron Sights (upper 1/3). Did not have a problem with .223 recoil. The NcStar will make your front sight more dim because of the glass, but you can shoot with both eyes open.

I am looking at trying a T1 clone like above in the future.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Tag for interest.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Subscribing as interested as well... I saw a review a while back on that Vortex Sparc... Good bang for your buck...

·
Registered
532 Posts
On my K clone, I use an EoTech XPS-2 and a vortex sparc. The vortex sparc I use with a Daniel Defense aimpoint mount, it allows no cowitness with the red dot, and you can still use the irons underneath. I dont like cowitnessed optics/irons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cheap is cheap. A Sightronics, Tasco, etc may or ay not hold up to the test of time. Aimpoint and Eotech are strong, battle proven optics that typically work after being IEDed or repeatedly dropped over a tour. I never cheap out on optics. Save up until you can afford something that will last or plan on being frustrated over the long haul with your Chinese made junk.

For the record I have a few rifles that the optic costs as much as the rifle. You can't substitute quality.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I like the Vortex optics. I'm buying these optics to play with and shoot steel for fun, and they provide what I want at an affordable price-point, with a few nice options. They're also really nice in minimizing distractions for shooters that are new to the full auto world...one less thing to think about. Put the dot on the steel and rock on.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Bushnell TRS-25. 100% co-witness with the mount shown and the quality with a 3MOA dot is excellent....90 bucks.
+1.

I have been very happy with the TRS25 for range use on my 9mm.

(This is assuming this is to be used recreationally. For any "real" use (ie LE / contractor / .mil) I would buck up and get the micro Aimpoint)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
+1.

I have been very happy with the TRS25 for range use on my 9mm.

(This is assuming this is to be used recreationally. For any "real" use (ie LE / contractor / .mil) I would buck up and get the micro Aimpoint)
Lumbergh, I just posted a pic because your usual responses instead of verbiage is an "oh wow face" or "now it begins" or some equally amusing picture that usually makes me chuckle. My boring pic of course is not as funny as your stuff. LOL!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts