HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was a rainy day today and my day off work so I felt the need for a picture or two of some newly bought tools. After I took a few pictures I put my midway silicone rifle sock over my gun and about half way As I was pulling the sock over the rifle I hear a tink tink tink. I lifted the sock and there I find a little screw. I look over the rifle and accessories and I have no idea where it goes too..... Maybe it was in the sock when midway sent it too me? eh?!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Possible the screw for the buttstock to take up wobble.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it appears the screw fell out from the butt-stock. Glad it did now vs when I went to the range with it and it would never have been found again. I never adjusted that screw so I'm guessing HK did'nt screw mine in enough! Thanks frogman

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeah mine fell out a while back and I dont even know when or where it happened nor do I know where to get a replacement. glad you found it before it got taken my the underpants gnomes like mine did

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i never even adjusted it ( the screw). I also maybe only adjusted the stock length via lever maybe 8-9 times total prior to the fallout? Hope HK has spares on hand for people losing them via not screwed in enough from factory?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have to admit I really like that feature on my MR556

Its nice to have a tight stock and the length I want
although I lost that screw, I took the stock off and adjusted the tension screws on the buffer tube... no slop in the stock, tight as can be and i can still adjust the stock too. great little features here and there make me really appreciate this gun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts