HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooner or later, I try most every rifle I have in a full or intermediate power cartridge in shooting Service Rifle type matches. I'm new to HK type rifles, but I quickly decided I did not like the HK leather sling. I'm looking at using a US GI web sling, taking 2 of the spring steel hooks that are usually at the bottom of the web sling and installing one at the bottom of the sling and another on an HK hook at the top, with the web sling in-between.

If you use a sling on an HK type rifle as support in sitting or prone positions, what do you use?

·
Registered
571 Posts
i use a three point sling. i think it is a Vitac Tactical?

anyway i use it in a three point configuration for standing and kneeling, i use it like a two point when shooting prone

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I use a Blackhawk 3 point SAW sling.. any military sling will work but the 3 point takes some of the load bearing off your arms for those longer (time wise) shoots. If you use a standard sling I don't think they will take kindly to you shouldering the gun between firing times

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have tried nearly every type of sling out there, the best I have found is the Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS, padded version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts