HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy some spare parts for the V93. I've been thinking of snagging one of the hk33 kits Apex is selling and just adding more of the common small parts, pins, springs, etc. and calling it good. However, do I NEED to go that route? Could I just buy some assorted small parts and hope to never need to replace a bolt head and/or carrier (because the prices of those two parts are downright frightening, which is why I'm seriously thinking of getting a kit just to use as spares)?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Must have extras are several extractor springs ... long term is a plus set of rollers, retainer plate and pin and possible a set of push pins if lost.

If this is not a ear host than would not worry about it and/or get a second V93 .... but the kit can be built into another gun ;-).

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I've not needed a spare carrier or bolt head not that it's a bad idea. I would focus on:

1. Several extractor springs, 6-12
2. Extractor
3. Roller plate & roll pin
4. Complete recoil rod
5. Ejector
6. A couple small and large pins: to secure stock, forearms.
7. Lots of magazines

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I've not needed a spare carrier or bolt head not that it's a bad idea. I would focus on:

2. Extractor
4. Complete recoil rod
5. Ejector
7. Lots of magazines
+1. These are your main consumables after ammo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must have extras are several extractor springs ... long term is a plus set of rollers, retainer plate and pin and possible a set of push pins if lost.

If this is not a ear host than would not worry about it and/or get a second V93 .... but the kit can be built into another gun ;-).

2. Extractor
4. Complete recoil rod
5. Ejector
7. Lots of magazines
I was thinking if I don't buy the kit, then this will be the stuff I buy. Thanks for the input.

As for magazines, I have 7 of the steel 30-round mags and one of the MKE 30-round mags. As funds allow, I'll be buying more of the MKEs because they work surprisingly well.

And ammo ....
Yes, must buy more ammo. I only have like 750 rounds of 5.56. That's down from around 1100. I went on a blasting spree the last couple times I went to the range. I'm going to a my preferred outdoor range in a couple weeks, so I'll need to buy more ammo just to maintain my supply after I finish. Grrr....I need a better paying job!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Don't turn your back on the 40 round alloy factory mags. They work great and are also higher capacity.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had two of the 40-round mags that came with the C93 I recently was forced to sell. Slightly awkward due to length, but very useable. I wouldn't mind snagging a few of them in the future, either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also thinking I might need a spare firing pin and extractor. And what about a spare locking piece?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is hard to sell spare parts if you get ride of the gun, however, easier to sell a spare parts kit. Thus once you get past a certain point, would get the parts kit or another rifle ;-).
That's a good point. But I think my next rifle will most likely be a PTR-91 GI, and parts for those are hideously cheap. The raping of my wallet will be in buying spares for the Vector.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i agree in concept in buying the complete parts kit but you are gambling on the condition of the rifle when they cut it up...

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
i agree in concept in buying the complete parts kit but you are gambling on the condition of the rifle when they cut it up...
And the reality is there are not that many parts that actually fail. I would rather buy new parts for those that actually have a tendancy to fail. These are also in general not expensive parts (as HK goes).

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
And the reality is there are not that many parts that actually fail...

True dat, however you are more apt to "lose" some parts. Would be nice to just go to the tool box and pull out a new ejector spring and install it rather than pack up and go home because you lost it at the range for whatever reason.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Ghillie told me that with the kits he has seen (over 150 for builds) there was only one bad part and Apex replaced it. I would buy with confidence

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
True dat, however you are more apt to "lose" some parts. Would be nice to just go to the tool box and pull out a new ejector spring and install it rather than pack up and go home because you lost it at the range for whatever reason.
Have to agree, however, over the years have had more "visitors' to the various extra part's boxes than used by myself .... Photo of HK box of small parts for the range, stocks, bolt heads, carriers etc. are in the tool box per caliber.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so my list seems to be...

Roller (I'm thinking a set of standard and a set of +2 or +4)
Roller retainer plate
Roll pins (a few spares for all the roll pins on the rifle)
Push pins (large and small)
Extractor
Extractor spring (multiples)
Ejector lever (with pin and spring)
Firing pin and spring (not mentioned but I don't like the idea of a firing pin going tits up)
Hammer, hammer strut, and hammer spring (just because this one is constantly hitting the firing pin, I don't like the idea of it going tits up either)
Recoil spring/guide rod assembly

Am I missing anything? What about other parts in the FCG or a spare locking piece?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Next step up starts to be a new bolt head and at that point a parts kit starts to be reasonable ... and/or another rifle.
Given the price of bolt heads, it would be cheaper to buy the whole kit. How often do bolt heads fail? If it's not a high failure item, I may skip the kit and just buy some spares of the small parts mentioned above.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts